Chapter 11

We arrived at the restaurant. A crystal ball was set at each table. We were directed by a server to our six-person table, where Rebecca was waiting for us. She hugged Adrian and was about to kiss him when Adrian pulled away and sat down next to me. As soon as we were all seated, a voice from the crystal ball in the middle of our table instructed us to look at the menu, which materialised out of thin air. The menu items, such as flying chicken roast and magic letters, struck me as odd when I first glanced at it.

"What are these items?" I asked Angela, who was sitting next to me.

"These are the magic food dishes. They are delicious. The item Magic Letters is an alphabet soup that discloses potential prophecies. Prophecies, on the other hand, are not always accurate; they change in response to our actions. Try any of them. They're all delicious ", She continued.

I asked the crystal ball to deliver me water, rainbow cake, and magic letters. We placed our order, and the food promptly materialised in front of us. The letters in the soup rearrange themselves just as I'm ready to slurp down some Magic Letters Soup, and quote, "Aeaere." Adrian peered into the soup, his face paled with worry as he read the words.

"What does it mean?" I inquired of Angela. "I have no idea. Perhaps it means we'll go to some strange place or something ", she responded.

"I'm already in a magical realm. What could be stranger than that?! "I told her, laughing. She laughed as she agreed.

Adrian appeared worried. "Are you okay?" I inquired, concerned. He nodded and resumed eating, but he still appeared troubled by something. I felt a strange desire to console him, but seeing Rebecca's face resting on Adrian's shoulder stopped me. I shrugged and started eating. The soup was delicious.

I then attempted Rainbow cake. When I started eating, the cake blasted a rainbow across the table, and I've never tasted a yummier cake than this. We finished our meal and went back to the house.

I was about to go to bed when I heard a knock on my door. Adrian was standing there looking worried when I opened the door. He walked into the room.

"Do you want anything?" I questioned. When he saw me, he looked relieved and gave me a bear hug. I felt safe and content in his arms. Sparks began to fly at the contact. Adrian sighed contentedly. I sputtered, pushed him, and said fiercely, "Adrian, what was that? You can't continue to treat me like this when you have a girlfriend "

Instead, he added, "I know I have no right to ask, but please be careful at all times." He worriedly proceeded to brush his fingers through his hair. I've never seen him act like this before. He never displayed any emotion and always had a blank expression on his face. I felt a strange pang in my heart when I saw him like this. I resisted the urge to hug and console him.

"Are you hiding something from me?" I worriedly inquired instead.

He looked like he wanted to tell me something, but he held back, and he left, again asking me to be careful.

I was fed up with his silent responses and went to his room to confront him. I was about to yell when I opened his door, but what I saw shattered my already broken heart.

Adrian's hands were on Sabrina's shoulder, and she was lying on top of him. He pushed her away and approached me to explain. I was furious, and fire poured from my palms uncontrollably. The furniture in the room began to float. I attempted to draw the energy in, but it was not successful. Sabrina screamed and bolted from the room.

"Calm down, love," Adrian said as he approached me slowly. I felt angrier at his words and more fire flew out. He drew me into his embrace. He was unharmed by the fire. I tried to push him away from me, but he refused to move, and energy flowed from him to me. He's most likely sending me soothing energy because I felt less murderous after this. We remained in this state until I calmed down. Furniture had fallen on the area, and the fire had stopped erupting from my palms.

I pulled away from him a little. He gazed softly at me, pushing my hair behind my ear. He put his hand on my face tenderly. "It's not what you think, love. Rebecca came- ", he started to explain. After hearing Rebecca's name, I came out of the daze and pushed him angrily away from me.

"It's not?! You continue to give me mixed messages. When we are together, you act all loving, yet even after you met me, your soulmate, you still made her your girlfriend. Tell me what I should think?!", I sobbed as I screamed at him.

He remained silent after my outburst, his eyes filled with hurt, guilt, and what appeared to be love. I reprimanded myself for assuming we would be together.

"At least say why," I sobbed softly. He appeared to be about to cry and drew me back into his arms "I can't. Not right now. Please don't cry, love. I can't bear your sadness. I'd rather die than see you cry, my love ", he said, his voice breaking. I felt relieved after hearing his confession. My soulmate bond ignited, and my heart skipped a beat as he spoke. I wanted to ask him if he really meant all of that, but I was too exhausted to move. My pupils began to droop. "Rest, love. You used more magic, draining all of your energy ", he explained soothingly, clutching me tightly in his arms.  I fell asleep in his arms, listening to his heartbeat.