Preview

+ + +

Sorry for the delays, my dears!! Lucky me caught COVID and had a fun go at it 😂 All's good now, and I'm so happy to finally release the third book!!

+ + +

Moonlight cascades from the heavens and onto the Wolves. The seaside cavern they gather in is lit by a large, foreign object underneath the surface. Whispers of the ocean and of the spirits harmonize as the Werewolves watch the two Immortals with guarded expressions.

Asena takes a weapon from each Alpha—a scythe from Io, a dagger from Callisto, an arrow from Ganymede, and a sword from Europa. She sets them on the blood-splattered altar without a word to anyone but her son.

"Kane, fetch my salt—" She smiles when he already holds it out to her, "Thank you."

He already has aged well beyond she has—a man in his forties who looks to be in his fifties. She and her sister beside her, Daciana, have lived decades—centuries—longer and hadn't aged much past the year they had first shifted.

Her youngest sister runs her finger over the dried blood with distain, "It's time to end this reign of terror...they have taken this too far."

"Agreed." Daciana is a shell of who she had been centuries before. Before the Great War between the Werewolves and the Lycanthrope broke out. Back when she had created a pack where all their children and Lycanthrope relatives could feel safe—the first Alpha of the Iapetus Pack.

"These weapons will kill them?" One brave Great Alpha steps toward the two Lycans who had been their foe for so long, "Rieka and Kaltain—"

"It will weaken them," Daciana cuts him off sharply with her dull tone, "The Helios can only dampen the Darkness that runs through their veins. We will not be responsible for their deaths—"

"They have pillaged our Packs for centuries! They are monsters—"

"They are our sisters—"

"Sisters born from the rape and torture of the greatest Healer in my Pack," The Io Alpha steps forward, "Sisters who have continued the same trend of violence your father brought onto us—"

"You speak as though your hands are clean of blood and murder?" Asena's hands hover over the weapons, "But it was your grandfathers who started this war. It was the Werewolves who rejected the Lycanthrope. It was your kind that murdered my sister's eldest and grandchild."

Daciana leans against the altar. Even after almost three hundred years, the death of Khalid and his daughter, Sara, cripples her. The common misconception of Immortals is that they become unfeeling as the years pass—and for the first lifetime, they are. But pain is only amplified with time; mistakes and regrets add up until the weight of them is paralyzing.

It is why Daciana and Asena sought a path of righteousness; a purpose greater than themselves. Fighting for The Moon and Her children was the closest they would ever get to redemption.

It is why Kaltain and Reika waged war and raided the lands of the Great Packs. Violence and greed and power filled the emptiness that centuries of grief and misfortune had hollowed out of them.

Life meant so little to these Immortal Sisters...and yet it held so much significance as well. Each struggles with the constant tug-of-war between Life and Death; Nature, Light, and Darkness.

"I am creating these Helios for your children—who are still innocent and untarnished by all of our mistakes," Daciana grasps her sister's hand. Her hands glow white, and so does the Moonlight, "With the power of Selene has granted me, I will help restore an order that has been left disrupted for far too long."