Chapter 30

Chapter 30

The blade leaves a spine-chilling sting in my shoulder. I hiss at the deep ache the knife leaves behind as I withdraw it from the sliced muscle. The trajectory of the blade had been skewed by the chains that run along my breasts. When I meet Rachel's eyes, she lets out a small whine.

"You missed," My voice drips with honey, but my rage courses like acid in my veins. "Run."

She doesn't need a second invitation. She had lost her element of surprise and now I have the upper hand. Turning on her heel, she takes the stairs two at a time. I take my time going down the stairs. There's nowhere she can go that I won't be able to find her.

Part of me wants to let her go and send my spirits to torment her. I can call upon so many of them to torture her. The thought of sending her into a spiraling madness almost tickles my tastebuds, but my impatience for an in the end. I pass the knife to Mansel.

"Stop her for me."

He spins the blade in his knife before lobbing it. It whistles and cuts through the air. Eamonn and the teenagers have scattered now, just in time to watch the knife catch this little mutt in the calf. She crashes into the ground. Whether its strength, stubbornness, or survival instinct, she begins to crawl on the ground. It's a futile and pitiful attempt to escape. She signed her fate the moment she aimed that blade at me.

I reach the bottom of the stairs. The grass withers underneath my feet. I can smell it beginning to sizzle underneath the bottom of my heels. I lift my hands and the light fades around us. Shadows crawl to life and wrap themselves around her.

My breath shudders as this intoxicating power floods through me. The skin along my arms and neck snap and burn like embers. A grin creeps its way onto my face, because this is the kind of feeling an addict gets from a new, deeper buzz. My head is almost dizzy as I let this Darkness breed within me. I blink and feel the veins around my eyes bulge and thicken with the oozing, tar-like Darkness.

Rachel shriek as she witnesses the monster I am unfold before her. Iphigenia's bloodlust takes over my mind for a brief moment, and my eyes roll into the back of my head. Lessons must be taught through teeth and blood.

I'm possessed by the Darkness as well as my Wolf.

Mansel stays put. He knows when it's his time to hunt and when it's mine.

"Mon-Monster!" She squeals and squirms against my shadowy limbs. Her desperation only multiplies when I begin to laugh at her, "You're a fucking monster!"

"I am The Prophet of Death and Darkness, Rachel," My Wolf rips through the surface and snaps her jaws. Spit and froth flies from our lips as she seethes. A tormented Wolf who won't hesitate to kill anyone who tries to hurt her. A spirit of The Moon that was used as a sacrifice. A demon wrapped in human flesh. This life and the lives before haven't been kind to me or this beast inside me—and "It will take more than a measly hunting knife to end me."

Movement from the packhouse draws my attention briefly away from this stupid woman. Mac and Adrian rush out. Two Alphas they had been doing business with are in tow. Oberon Alpha Lucas and another that I don't recognize, but I don't spare much time to take him in.

It doesn't matter to the beast inside me that has taken full control. In her mind, they are nothing compared to her. Alphas or not, they can't stop a Wolf like her. One by one, they would all bow to her.

"Amelia," Adrian steps forward, "What's—"

"Alpha!" Rachel whimpers, "Help me."

"Silence," My hand clenches and Rachel's throat closes up. Her eyes bulge to the point of nearly popping out her skull, but I can't stop squeezing. My breath hisses through my nose and I tremble and bid these shadows to constrict tighter and tighter and tighter.