Waltzing Confessions (Sehun)

Hey!

First of all, Thank You for a fantastic 175K reads and 4K votes! Hearts to everyone who read and voted! <3

I'm back with an update. Yay. I don't know how this one turned out and I guess it's up to you guys to give feedback XD

On a more serious note, I hope you guys have requested knowing that I'm a slow updater and also quite not a great one. Yeah, I'm not a speedy writer and frankly, I have other things to do too. No problem if you can't deal with that; you can cancel.

But please enjoy!

The dancing strobe lights do no favour to remind you that you aren't dancing right now, and don't have a partner to dance with anyway.

"Yo dance with me," your best friend shouts, waltzing by with a slightly drunk look on her face. Uhm.

How is she drunk at a school func-

"I'm high on strawberry liquorice sticks and the taste of Chen's lips," she supplies helpfully, flopping into your arms as a pretty heavy but not quite dead weight.

"Too much information, girl. So where is Chen now?"

"I don't know. Eating chocolate?"

"Uh...where."

"Neverland."

"Wonderful. Why aren't you still getting high on strawberry liquorice sticks?"

"Because I finished them all." She gives a small hiccup and giggles. "Obviously."

"Okay. I give you a mission. Go find Chen and stay there."

Your best friend smiles dazedly, and fist-pumps sluggishly. "Awesome. I, the Superhero-ess, to find Damsel-in-Distress Dae. Go me."

"Yeah yeah, go you. Go, go!"

She wanders off and you sigh. Back to spending time as a single tomato.

"May I have this dance?" a lisping voice whispers by your ear. You jump.

"Woah what the hell? Uhm sure..."

The speaker stares at you. Ha look at his dumbfounded face- hey, it's a pretty damn handsome face.

You put your hand on his shoulder and grin. "Well, let's do this."

He slowly puts his hand around your waist. "Well hey, I guess. I'm ....n..."

"Huh?" You lean closer.

"I'm .....mnn..."

"What?" You lean even closer. Speak up, dude.

"..eun..."

You lean a tiny tiny bit closer, aware that he's very dangerously close. Ooh he smells nice-

And instead of answering your question, or rather, your eloquent "What?", he closes the gap.

He closes the freaking gap.

"Mmphasbfjhbejbjnskjgkjlkjdlkg!" you shriek, leaping backwards and not caring how many other people's feet you stepped on. "WHAT THE HELL DUDE DON'T YOU EVER CONSIDER ETIQUETTE LIKE WHAT THE -"

You don't care how many heads you turn either.

"I'm Sehun."

"WHAT?"

"ARE YOU DEAF GIRL I'M SEHUN." Some people laugh.

"Oh dear lord," you mumble, staring back at the crowd you've garnered the attention of before mustering a breath.

"YO HAHA YO GUYS! DOES ANYONE WANT STRAWBERRY LIQUORICE STICKS?" Your dear (high) friend stumbles around, handing generous amounts of candy around like some sort of unbalanced and graceless sugar plum fairy. Oh bless her.

"Yeah okay. Wanna start over? I'm Sehun, nice to meet you Samantha."

"You creep."

He chuckles. "Uh I'm pretty bad at good beginnings I think. Start again?"

"How many times? Again?"

"Okay. I'm-"

"Sehun," you cut in impatiently, "I know."

"I actually meant sorry, but it's good that you know my name."

You throw your hands up in the air. "Okay, whatever. I don't care anymore."

"Pity, the song's over. But I could dance with you again."

"Sure."

The two of you resume dancing hold. "I'm really sorry about kissing you, I wasn't thinking-"

"Yeah I kinda guessed you don't do much of that-"

"And you're really mean to me." He pouts.

"I'm sorry..."

"You're not actually."

"I'm not," you agree.

"Oh jeez why did I decide to like you of all people?"

"Hmm? Wait you like me?"

"Yah don't be a party pooper. If you're going to say you don't like me, then tell me at the end of the event. I don't wanna know now."

"Okay, I won't say anything till the end then," you answer nonchalantly.

You see his eyes flash with hurt.

As the music slows, Sehun pulls you to a final halt after a twirl and sets you down carefully. His eyes are sparkling - not in the good kind of way - and he quickly drags his sleeve across his face.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing." It's his small voice again, but this time it doesn't look like an elaborate plan to steal a kiss.

"I don't believe you." What the hell happened?

"Samantha, it's the end of the dance. Don't you have something to say?"

"Oh yeah."

"Yeah. Just say it quickly. I already know." His voice cracks and he looks like might just hurtle out of this place.

You draw in a big breath. "Okay. I like you too."

"Oka- what?"

You start mumbling too in embarrassment. "Yeah, I like you too."

He leans real close. "What?"

Just close enough for you to peck his cheek. "I like you. That's what."

Vote. Comment. Thanks! ~Kieva