Birthday (Chen)

A very happy birthday to xPerfect2x! This is my little present. *sends more virtual gifts*

"Isten, oh Isten... Isten? Isten. Isten. Isten."

You yawn, stretching lazily amidst your comfy pillows and warm sheets. So warm... And so nice. "M'sleepy."

"But it's already lunchtime, dear," a familiar person says as he hugs you close, resting his head on your shoulder.

You grumble. "12 already? Move- Stop it- Move it, Chen. Why didn't you wake me up earlier?"

You clamber out of bed, disgruntled, and change without even bothering to shoo Chen out of your room. Your brain cannot even function well enough to get you to put on your shirt the right way round, so how can you order others around? But as you turn your blouse so that the print is on the front, you spot the dinosaur clock mounted on the wall. It blinks innocently at you. 6:30AM it shows.

You fume, and turn to Chen, advancing on him with as much scariness as you can muster with one leg in your jeans and one out. "KIM JONGDAE, CAN YOU NOT?!" you scream irritably.

Chen holds his hands up in surrender and you throw an annoyed punch at his left palm. Stupid troll.

"Sorry Isten," he says, giving you an adorable duck face.

You poke his cheekbone. "Stupid dinosaur troll with stupidly gorgeous cheekbones and a stupidly amazing voice. You're ridiculous."

He shakes his head and hugs you again. You know he's smiling. "You don't Isten. Plus you can't hate me when you find out why I woke you up..." he says.

"What was so important that you had to troll me at such an early time?" you ask exasperatedly.

"Nothing... It was just that I thought if I woke you up earlier, I could spend more time with you on your birthday... Sorry, Isten," he answers, and your heart swells a little.

You peck him on the cheek. "Aww... You're so sweet. But also a dork. Don't forget the dork bit. And the troll bit."

He gives you a small kiss. "Mm... Let's go have breakfast. Or I can eat you."

"Not funny, Chen."

"Fine, fine. Let's go eat. I cooked."

You follow him into the kitchen (after you've worn your jeans on correctly so you don't trip). 

"I made pancakes!" he says proudly, showing you a plate with beautiful, golden crepes. 

You give him a thumbs up. Luckily it looks nothing like the beef you remember Chen cooked in EXO Showtime. "Nice job, Chen."

"Thank you." He beams childishly. "Now eat."

"Come eat with me."

"You have the first bite, because it's your birthday. I'll eat after."

"Okay," you say, putting a bite into your mouth. Before spitting it right back out.

"CHEN! YOU DID THAT ON PURPOSE DIDN'T YOU?!"

"What did I do?"

"PUTTING SALT IN THE PANCAKES!" you shout as you wipe your mouth hastily and then down a cup of cold water.

"Happy Birthday, Isten."

"YOU STUPID TROLL! I HATE YOU!"

"No more lovely cheekbones?"

'I hate you,' you say huffily before storming back to your bedroom. 

"Oh no you don't," he manages to say before he stops you from leaving, pulling you flush against him. "Not today, Isten, not today. I'm sorry, I won't troll you again. Okay?"

'Do you promise?"

"Promise." You turn around reluctantly as he lets you go, and you link your pinkie with his.

Chen takes your hand and brings you back into the kitchen, before getting something out of the fridge.

He opens the container and you see something that makes your eyes light up. "Cake," you breathe.

"Yup. Happy Birthday for real, Isten."

The End. How'd you like it, xPerfect2x?