Broken (Sehun)

98th imagine! Okay, I changed my mind again. 98 and 99 will probably both be requests. 

Enjoy!

Sehun always admired the alacrity of her long, deft fingers.

Christine held up a small pot the size of her palm. "Look at it, isn't it beautiful?" she said proudly, running a hand over its porcelain rim.

"It's nice," he said simply, and he wished his whole love life was as simple as his words.

"Almost a thousand years old but still so pretty, isn't it?" Here, she lifted it up to the light. In deep concentration she stuck her tongue out and stared at the bright china. "Not quite fixed though."

"Ah."

She put down the vase gently and gave him a significant look which belied her steady hands. Sehun made no means to decipher it. "Do you how long it took to repair this vase so that it could go on display? You don't understand its beauty, do you?"

He glanced at it disinterestedly.

Christine sighed long-sufferingly, and her hazel eyes darted upwards for a second. "You're distracted. Fine. Get out. Go find your girlfriend and get your mind off things."

She rolled her eyes and went on gluing some other thing back together. Seeing her ignoring his presence for the next few minutes, he shook his head and left. He'd do exactly as she said: he'd find his girlfriend.

He missed her small, slight backward glance at his fading figure.

~

"Sorry, I can't do this anymore, Miranda." He pursed his lips and leaned back into his seat, folding one over the other.

"What? You can't do what?" Her dark blue eyes searched him tiredly, and then, she turned away, having found what she was looking for. She opted to gaze past him and out the window.

"You seriously called me to a coffee for this?"

He really didn't know what to say, and so said nothing. She just wasn't the right type for him.

"You don't love me, do you?"

Sehun inhaled and slurped at his chocolate bubble tea indifferently. He shrugged.

She licked her lips, remembered she was wearing lipstick, stopped and pressed them together instead. A quick, hot tear threatened to spill, and her finely sculpted eyebrows met in a frown as she blinked them away defiantly. "Okay then."

~

"Why are you here again? Where's Linda?" Christine didn't even bother to look up at him. She was hunched over her desk, working on a project that probably involved skill and care.

"Linda dumped me."

She looked up abruptly, fingers stilling. "She what?"

Sehun wrinkled his nose and sniffed. "You know what I said," he told her stiffly. He didn't like to think about it. He didn't like that that was what Miranda felt when they broke up; the odd feeling of falling, like something splintered.

"Oh, Sehun." Christine put her brush down, and took his hands in hers. Her touch was warm, and feather-light. "Girls don't work for you, do they? Do you happen to be-"

He scoffed. "No, don't go there. Luhan's my best friend not-"

Christine blinked understandingly. "Oh. Okay."