At The End Of The Week (Chanyeol)

Monday was stormy. And plainly unfavourable when you first woke up; the sky was ashen grey, the clouds cast shadows everywhere and the sun was nowhere to be seen. You trudged down the stairs but misjudged a step halfway down and the rest of the trip was easily accomplished when your slipper betrayed you.

And the only good thing that came out of that, was that you arrived downstairs approximately 0.5 seconds quicker than usual. A brief glance at the clock on the wall told you were going to be late so you dashed out the door with your bag, hopping around trying to put on your shoes and lock the door at the same time. Needless to say, your inept ability to multitask caused you to drop everything and trip down the footpath.

You felt something wet on your head and ignored it, busying yourself with adjusting your bag over your shoulder instead. You realised you forgot your umbrella but that was alright; it wasn't going to rain today; at least it wasn't forecasted to.

Wrong.

A large rain drop fell on your cheek and you scowled, sprinting towards the cafe you always stopped at as the rain become to pelt down heavier and harder.

~

Tuesday didn't prove to be any different to the dismal day before, but at least you hadn't tripped or dropped anything yet, you'd die if you dropped your bag today; there was a small canvas painting for your art assignment in there. You stopped by the same cafe, dripping wet but mostly presentable except for your messed-up hair.

You stood in the line patiently, waiting until it was your turn. All was going well today for now, although the sky remained stubbornly dark and the rain had upgraded to occasional storms.

Lovely.

"One white coffee please," you said to the cashier, a tall, cute guy with a charming smile.

"That's 4730 won," he said, with a strangely deep voice. Wow.

You handed him the cash and glanced at his name tag as you took your coffee. Chanyeol.

Hey, wasn't he the guy from your school? you thought as you walked to the school. It was pretty close from here.

The drink, though in a plastic sealed cup, scalded your fingers as you held it. But you started drinking it anyways and realised two seconds later that that was probably the worst decision you could ever make. The coffee burned your tongue and throat as it went down and you felt like you were on fire. Holy crap it hurt.

You swore under your breath and ran into the school building, not wanting to be late. But as always, whatever you wanted never happened.

"Miss Hyo?" the teacher called as you slipped into the classroom as discreetly as possible.

"Yes?"

The teacher gave you a withering look. "Detention, Friday."

You frowned. "Yes ma'am." Damn, she was mean.

~

It was still raining today. And the weather was even worsening with your mood, to heavier storms that involving freaky-looking lightning flashing outside your classroom window and loud thunder that made you want to block your ears. You made it to class on time, not wanting extra trouble but your clumsiness did not bode well for running. As you walked to your seat, the stupid queen bee of the school stuck her leg out and you fell for it. Literally. And it hurt.

You flipped her off and slid into your seat, glowering. What a little-

"Miss Hyo, are you present?"