Surprise! (Chen)

It's the 101st chapter of EXO Imagines, and also the 90th actual imagine, so dear ol' Kieva shall have a little fun with this, hey? I know; I'm such a lazy potato, but seriously, no one's requested poor Chen in SUCH a long time ._. Like 0 times out of 29. So I'm going to write one about him. Yeah. /sticks tongue out/ You can't stop meee~

Enjoy!

Chen's been dropping hints this week about how weird he is. Some over-analysing part inside of you say he has some ulterior motive, but in all honesty, what else could it be?

He's asked what your favourite colour and gem is. Whether you prefer gold or silver. If you're superstitious. He's also said cheesy things about how seeing you happy makes him feel warm inside, and that he really is lucky to have you.

Another example of his utmost strangeness, was this morning when you woke up to the door slamming and Chen appearing with bags of shopping. That wasn't weird...if he did't detest waking up early. Then he refused to show you what he had bought, dropped a steaming hot take-away in your arms and sent you back to the bedroom. Dodgy, much?

Once you had finished the take-away and you heard the shower running, you crept out and into the kitchen. Quietly you peered into the bags to see... fried chicken, kimbap, chocolate, some clothes, socks and wire. Not too unusual for a person like Chen.

"Hey whatcha doing?"

And he had caught you. You guiltily grinned and edged away to no avail. Completely ignoring the fact that he had yet to put a shirt on and was dripping like a wet dog, he grabbed the back of your shirt and dragged you into his arms. "EWW WET WET WET CHEN AWW GROSS!"

Next door, Baekhyun was desperately trying to put those words into context. Did he need earmuffs, was that a signal that he was going to become an uncle earlier than expected, or was Chen simply pranking? He sighed and rang the rest of EXO. "Guys, I think dear Jongdae made ___ go insane... And to think he's going to propose soon... Aish this boy."

~

"Hey ___? I'm going to go with EXO for rehearsal, okay? See you soon," Chen says, kissing your cheek.

You frown. "You have rehearsal today? I thought that was tomorrow."

"Nah, it was just a spontaneously-decided meet. We just need to brush up on a few things, alright?"

"Okay then. Have fun! Send my love to the rest of those dorks."

"Hmph."

The door clicks shut and you walk back into the kitchen. To your surprise, the shopping has been cleared and a plate of fried chicken sits in its place. You approach it cautiously, almost expecting it to blow up with what Chen's renowned to do. Pranking. But it seems fairly normal, and little note (ha, you're so cliché, honey) is taped to the table.

Eat and find the surprise inside, the note reads.

You suppose that's not too much of a chore. You start chomping up the chicken with an anticipating grin. But even by the time you've pretty much cleaned it to the bone, there's nothing.

Stupid troll.

Another note is taped to the plate. What did you expect? The surprise is there's no surprise. Surprised?

Why the hell am I dating a troll, you think in exasperation. "I admit you got me there," you say aloud, chuckling.

Chen comes back hours later, smelling a bit like coke and soju. "I'm not sure you went to practice, Chen," you say skeptically.

"Nope I did. Though we went for a little teensy bit of soju and street food afterwards."

"And you didn't think to bring me some?" you joke, pinching his cheek.

He grins. "Well no, but EXO baked you a cake."

"You did?" you murmur excitedly, eyes lighting up.

"We did," Chen replies, grinning as he hands over a plastic container.

"Goodness I love you," you say, giving him a quick kiss.

"I know you do. Eat."

You slowly eat the cake, relishing its sweet taste until you bit something super hard. Okay this is definitely it, your over-analytical side tells you, I've figured it out. He's going to propose. That's why he's being so wonderful. You're biting a ring, woman. You definitely haven't read as many romance books and fanfictions as I have.

"Well shut up, I've read just as much as you have, because you're a part of me!"

"Huh?"

"Nothing!" Maybe that side of you is right, though...

Your excitement rises as you pick out the thing you bit.

Then it dims to irritation. It's a freaking piece of wire. Like the wire he bought earlier on. "CHEN WHAT IS THIS ARE YOU TRYING TO MAKE ME CHOKE TO DEATH?"

"Uhm no? Marry me?"

Your mouth falls open. "MARRY YOU?" Oh my goodness, I was right.

No, your supposedly over-analytical side was and is right.

Shut up.

"Yes, marry me. Why do you look so shocked? With all the hints I literally threw at you, you would've noticed by now, right?"

"YOU'RE PROPOSING TO ME WITH A FREAKING STRING OF WIRE?!"

Chen rolls his eyes. "That's what you're so worried about?" He produces a pretty little black box, gets on one knee, and flips it open expertly. "Now, will you marry me?"

A gleaming diamond on a simple little white gold ring sparkles at you. "Oh my... this is real?"

"Yeah." He shoots you an odd look.

"Well look here," you say, "you've played quite a few pranks on me this week. I've a right to be suspicious."

"I'm not joking now, ___. I've even got my serious face on. Will you marry me and make me a married prankster?"

Your eyes brim with tears and you manage a laugh. Oh great you've made me cry. "It's supposed to be 'make me the happiest man on earth' you troll."

"Well, you'll make me that too, but mostly a married prankster. The most important question right now is though, will you marry me?"

"Yes."

Chen slips the ring onto finger and kisses the back of your hand.

For a moment, it's sweet silence. Then the door opens and EXO strolls in with Baekhyun at their head.

"Successful proposal?"

"We're not done yet..." Chen says, quickly winking at you.

You stuff your hand in your pocket. "Yeah. Thanks for ruining the moment, Bacon."

Baekhyun facepalms. "You're actually so so slow, Chen. ___'d probably be married to someone else at the rate you're going. Guys, we're coming back 5 minutes later."

You shake your head. "Aish, not the least bit repentant. Baekhyun, look at this." You shake your left hand at him and he smirks.

"Well, finally. Took a few slaps, a soju, some coaxing, some guilt-tripping and some maknae-disapproval work to get him going. Congratulations, you two."

"Thank you. Now go away. This night's ours," you mutter.

"Ooh ok. Those earmuffs I had prepared earlier on are going to be of use soon. Have fun and be safe!"

You raise an eyebrow. "We're not going anywhere. Of course it's going to be safe- oh, oh oh oh... BYUN BAEKHYUN YOU DIRTY MINDED PERSON!"

The End. How was that? How many are fangirling? How many are shaking their heads at this cliché pile? Haha I had fun writing this and that's all that matters at the present moment! Vote! Comment! Thanks you lovely people <3 ~Kieva