01

A/N: HEY ALL! This is the first story I've written in such a long time! I'm very rusty and have rewritten this a million times before deciding to just put it out there and hopefully receive some critique! I'm open to suggestions/feedback and hey, good or bad critique is still critique! How many more times can I say critique? Anyways, thanks for stumbling here and please enjoy! :)

Evangeline

     I scanned the room, trying to locate each of my friends and sipped on my water growing bored by the second.

Currently, I am at a party with a bunch of college kids I don't know all thanks to my friends who have scattered and left me to fend for myself the second we walked through the door.

Maya, the only other girl in our group, was conversing with a different group of people every five minutes. She's a very energetic and social woman so she rotated through groups every so often. It's just something about her that makes it easy to be her friend and it really is just a bonus that she's always been drop dead gorgeous. I've known Maya for about eight years now and if she wasn't speaking passionately about something, she was buckling under the pressure of other expectations.

Which wasn't very often, hence the social butterfly that she is.

My eyes shifted over to Cooper who was flirting his ass off with a cute red head who was obviously very into it. If it wasn't as obvious, Cooper was our flirt. Every group has one and while my twin brother swore he was it, everyone knew it was actually Cooper. Lucas and I have known Cooper just as long as we've known Maya and have spent almost every waking moment together.

Speaking of the devil, my twin brother was stood at one end of the beer pong table, taunting two huge football players that stood across from him at the other end. Lucas and Cooper are practically the male version of what Maya and I are, only it was pure chaos and nonsense. Lucas is a giant goofball probably 90% of the time. The other 10% is very rare and takes a bit to scratch the surface.

"V, that better be alcohol in that cup" Thomas snapped me from my thoughts and I just smirked.

"What do you take me for Mr.Wright?" I asked, acting absolutely appalled at his assumption.

"A total square" he smirked and I just rolled my eyes.

"I was going for DD, but I'll take it" I winked, raising my red solo to him earning myself a cheers.

"Please buy me some time before I have to save Lucas from an ass-kicking" I begged him.

"Aye aye captain" he playfully saluted and marched over to the pong area, throwing an arm over my brothers shoulders making me laugh.

When Maya and Cooper both decided to attend the same college in the city, only 20 minutes from our hometown, they found Thomas. Their freshmen year, the both of them and my brother were on their way to one of these infamous college parties and literally found Thomas on the way.

Just haven't been able to get rid of him since.

They're the reason I'm here, if there were ever a group of people that could convince me to do anything outside my usual routine, it was them. I caved and they convinced me to take the night off to join them at this random persons house with random people that attended a school I didn't go to.

I let out a sigh, deciding I needed a refill on my water.

It was pretty late into the night and people were intoxicated out of their damn minds. Everyone was so intoxicated that personal space had completely lost all its meaning about an hour and a half ago. I had to squeeze through small crowds of people just to make it to the kitchen.

Before I knew it, one person in front of me, knocking me back into the chest of someone else.

I gasped when only seconds later, a cold liquid soaked my entire back.

I spun around to see a tall, dark haired man who looked just as pissed, like he was the one with alcohol dripping down his body. Beside him, an annoyed looking blonde was giving me all kinds of glares and scowls.

"Shit, I'm sorry, someon-"

"Watch where you're going! The hell's wrong with you?!" He cut me off, shaking his hands as if they were all wet.

"Excuse me?" I asked, his eyes meeting mine, full of frustration.

"A little too late for that, isn't it?" He asked in the most condescending tone. My mouth dropped open just a bit while my eyes flickered between him and the woman. She wasted no time, snickering and giggling like some kind of proud trophy wife and I couldn't decide which of the two made me more upset.

I shifted uncomfortably because the liquid began seeping into my shirt, causing the fabric to stick to my skin.

"Look, I already tried apologizing, if you took a few seconds to look up every now and then instead of down some girls shirt, this could've gone differently. There's no need to be a dick about it." I spat, still feeling completely taken back by his tone.

What the hell is he so mad about? I'm the one drenched in this sorry excuse for a cup of jungle juice and he's upset?

"Rather it be your shirt I'm looking down in?" He asked, voice dipped in venom.

My eyes widened at how easily those kind of words fell out of his mouth. My jaw clenched and as disgusting as his words made me feel, the look in his eyes told me that he was only saying it to get under my skin.

And it was...

The blonde suddenly took a step back, glaring daggers into my head as if I stole her spotlight and I looked back at the man.

Without a second thought, I snatched a full cup from the closest person to me, launching whatever liquid filled it, onto his face. He quickly straightened his posture and his hands went to wipe his eyes.

I heard the faint 'oohs' and 'oh shits' from the small crowd that surrounded us and immediately dropped the empty cup, bringing my hand to my mouth.

I couldn't even stop the small smile that hid behind my hand while I watched the red/orange liquid drip down his face.

"What. The. Fuck." He hissed.

Without another word, I spun around and walked off, hoping to round up my friends and get the hell out of here.