51

Tristan

"I can't believe you hustled us...that was some movie shit right there" Vinny frowns, reaching for another slice of pizza.

Everyone was hungry after bowling and Evangeline was craving pizza.

Naturally, I give my girl what she wants and since I just kicked her brother and her friends ass in bowling, I was owed some money to do exactly that. You know, use my hard earned winnings to treat her and all that.

"You did try to hustle him first" Maya shrugs and I smirk when my girlfriend nods her head in agreement, mouthful of pepperoni pizza. She's so damn beautiful.

"You guys are good" I offer them with a friendly smile.

"Tristan's just better" Evangeline grins and Jesus, I love her.

Lucas and Vinny scowl at her which only widens her cheeky little grin. I let out a chuckle and throw my arm around her, tucking her closer to me, wanting to just be near her at all times.

"It's really hard to dislike you" Lucas sighs, leaning back in his seat, Evangeline glaring at him.

"Really? Didn't look all that difficult when you were forbidding me from seeing your sister" I smirk.

"I thought we were moving on!" He exclaims when Evangeline's gaze hardens in his direction.

"Moving on means everyone drops it, you know? As in everyone agrees not to bring it up again?" she says and when I let out a chuckle, my mouth snaps shut because her head whips around to glare at me.

"Everyone" she repeats and I swallow, shooting Maya a look because she's snickering into her palm.

Granted, she's probably the only one who hasn't brought up the situation the same way me and the other boys have.

I may have kicked their asses in bowling but it didn't give me any brownie points with my girlfriend who's hoping we get along instead of making everything a competition.

I let out a breath and plant a kiss on Evangeline's forehead.

"Consider it dropped" I promise her, earning one of those soft smiles I enjoy too much.

"She's got you wrapped around her finger, dude" Vinny points a finger at me before he and Lucas begin giggling like children.

Evangeline quirks an eyebrow at him, cocks her head, nailing that look that will bring anyone to their knees, begging for mercy and his grin immediately falters.

"And moving on is a part of life, which is why I, as a grown and mature adult, am dropping the situation completely" Vinny nods rapidly.

"Great" Evangeline beams, scarfing some more pizza.

Lucas lets out a soft laugh but I note the way he looks at his sister. It's tender and caring and I know he appreciates how she's not as tense as she once was.

I think everyone's realizing how different she is and I'm trying not to let my pride swell but I can only do so much. I'm proud of her and I give myself a little credit for that.

When Lucas' gaze flickers over to me he gives me a slight nod and I return one.

A silent thank you.

After we eat and talk some more, exchanging stories and laughing at pretty much everything that comes out of our mouths, we make our way out to the parking lot.

"I'm assuming she's all yours now" Maya smirks at me and her best friend as we walk slowly, hand in hand.

Evangeline opens her mouth but I quickly cut her off, muffling whatever she's about to say with my arms as I wrap them around her head.