54

Evangeline

"Good morning Liv" I grin at one of my favorite blondes to ever exist and she quirks an eyebrow at me.

"A week living with the guy and you're just peachy, aren't you?" She smirks and I scoff, propping a fist on my hip after clocking in to give her a look.

"Whatever do you mean?" I ask trying not to smile so much.

"Mhm" she snorts and we finish setting up the shop, flipping the open sign and waiting for our normal crowd.

"So, how is it? Feel any different?" Liv asks as we find anything to busy ourselves with around the cafe.

"It's...nice"

"Don't be such a prude, V! I want all of the gory details!" She grins making my jaw drop.

"Olivia!" I gasp and she throws her head back with a laugh.

"Come on!" She nudges me, walking past me to organize the lids and cups stacked behind the register.

"It's really different. I love living with him. I miss my boys but living with Tristan feels like...some kind of awakening or whatever..." I explain poorly, the blush on my cheeks forming immediately.

"He is so going to ask you to marry him" Liv grins again and my eyes widen.

"W-what?! How the hell did you get that from what I just said? You're insane!" I babble, busying my hands with adjusting every appliance on the counters, as if they haven't been that way since I started working here.

"I just know he is. It's going to be adorable, because the two of you are disgustingly so, and you're probably going to cry and then I'll cry because it's just hard being right all of the time" she sighs.

"You're the worst" I snap and turn away from her, trying to hide my smile from her because she doesn't sound wrong at all. It all sounds very Tristan the way she tells the story and I can't help the little part of me that hopes she's right.

I mean, what's so wrong about wanting to marry the love of your life?

"Well if it isn't our favorite coffee shop workers!" Maya grins as she barges, Vinny and Lucas right behind her, making her aunt and I playfully groan at her arrival.

Liv greets them all before disappearing to the back when her phone rings.

Vinny and Lucas snort at her frown before they occupy their usual seats, making my chest get all warm with happiness.

It's feels nostalgic and like something new entirely at the same time.

I make all of their usual orders, serving it to them with a grin on my face while they all stick their tongues at me.

"V in love is oddly peaceful" Vinny smiles.

"Right? She's so carefree" Maya nods and I roll my eyes.

"I think it's disgusting" Lucas cringes and sips his drink.

"We know" the three of us say in unison making him grumble under his breath.

Then, all of our attention is on the entrance when the bells chime, my heart rate picking up.

The tension builds up as we all stare at him in shock, a shy smile on his lips.

"Cooper" I say a little breathlessly because I'm afraid any kind of volume will wake me and ruin the moment.

I can't even remember how long it's been since I last spoke to him. It feels like it's been forever and yet only a few weeks ago at the same time.

"Gee, thought you'd be a little more excited for this reunion, V" he shrugs sheepishly and I can't help it, I throw myself at him, wrapping my arms around his neck and damn near suffocating the man.