45

Evangeline

It's Sunday.

I don't know how it arrived so quickly but I've been stress cleaning my life away and can't seem to figure out why all of a sudden, I want to rearrange our entire apartment.

He's been here before, I don't know why I'm so nervous.

"Alright, let's take this away from you-" Jeremy interrupts my thoughts by slowly taking the knife I was using to chop the green onions for tonight's dinner.

"And give you this instead" he finishes, replacing the knife with a glass of red wine before gently shoving me out of the kitchen.

"But I-"

"I will finish dinner, do you want one of us to answer the door when he arrives?" Jeremy cuts me off and I look over at Lucas and Hayden who are currently wrestling in the living room.

"No" I shake my head.

Jeremy nods in approval and continues chopping while I lean a hip against the counter and take a generous sip of my drink.

"What's making you nervous?" Jeremy asks and I know he's asking to distract me from the itch I have to clean something up.

"Where should I start? The fact that I've never brought someone home or the fact that Lucas wanted to murder him only a week ago?" I deadpan and take another sip, probably going to regret it because I haven't eaten anything.

"I said I'd be nice!" Lucas shouts from his position on the floor with Hayden in a headlock.

I roll my eyes and turn back to Jeremy who's chuckling to himself.

"Anyone worthy enough for you to bring home should already tell me the kind of guy he is. I like him already. We're just going to eat and hang out. Totally normal" he shrugs.

"Right...well, your nephews choking out the 11 year old so, we'll see just how normal that is for him" I snort.

"Alright, Luke, you're bigger than him!" Jeremy sighs.

"He's just my warm up, Uncle J. You're next!" My twin grins and Jeremy scoffs.

"That'll last about 8 seconds" Jeremy says confidently.

Just as Lucas and I open our mouths, probably to make the same exact inappropriate joke, Jeremy points at us both with the knife in his hand.

"Don't even"

We laugh and mine is cut short when there's a knock at the door.

My heart rate picks up and my first instinct is to down the rest of my wine.

"You gonna get that or stand there and blush like an idiot?" Lucas laughs and I immediately grab the nearest thing and chuck it right at his head.

That happened to be an empty plastic cup that was sitting on the counter and I burst out laughing, feeling better already.

"Ow! V, what the hell!" He groans.

"Nice shot!" Jeremy cackles and I am giggling all the way to the front door.

When I open it, my heart bursts with every emotion to see Tristan standing there with a bottle of wine and a bouquet of tulips.

"Hi" I say, a bit breathlessly because he's just that gorgeous.

That one dimple pokes his cheek and he bends down to press a kiss to my lips.

"Hey baby" he mumbles a few centimeters from my mouth, loud enough for only me to hear and my stomach erupts in flutters.