50

Evangeline

"You look nervous" Maya smirks and I narrow my eyes at my closest friend because she's right.

"No I don't" because I hate when she's right.

"What's there to be nervous about, V?" Vinny grins at me and now I'm glaring at them both.

"Oh, I don't know, maybe because only a month ago you were all ready to tear me a new one for even looking at him and now we're all hanging out, bowling because I love him" I shrug and they all roll their eyes.

Yes. My friends chose bowling to bond with Tristan because they're all good at it and want to show him up.

Assholes.

Maya insisted I ride with her because she's a perv and wanted all of the dirty details. Tristan wasn't a fan because he was being a baby about it despite us spending every free moment we had together.

It was his idea to win my friends over after having charmed my whole family and when I mentioned it, the group was more than eager to agree.

"I want to see the kind of person V is when she's dating. This is some kind of historic moment, right?" Is what Vinny said as if he were going to the zoo for first time.

So, I haven't dated in a while, it's new territory for everyone, they're all so annoying.

Tristan agreed to meet us at the bowling alley we used to go to often when we first met Vinny and now, my leg is bouncing with nerves as we wait at our lane for him to show up. I think I'm more nervous for this than I was when he cooked dinner for my family.

"You're so dramatic" Lucas rolls his eyes and I scoff.

"Oh, am I? You and Tristan become best friends after a few dinners and I'm the dramatic one?"

"Woah, best friend is a bit of stretch, just because Coop isn't here doesn't mean you can disrespect his title" Lucas chuckles and regrets it immediately. He didn't mean to, I know that.

"Sorry, I forg-"

"It's okay" I smile even though it still cuts a piece of my heart off.

The rest of them look all sad and sorry and I wave a dismissive hand.

"It's okay! Really" I say with a soft laugh and I mean it.

I'm sad that I lost a friend but I'm happy he was able to do this one thing for himself. I couldn't imagine loving Tristan from a distance for as long as Cooper claims to have loved me and not see it through in the end. I want him happy and if that doesn't involve me then...I'll live.

I miss him though.

"Alright!" Lucas claps his hands, his eyes flickering behind me and I know he's here.

I turn around to see him walk through the entrance and my heart does that thing it always does when he's around, you know, when it flies right out of my chest and into his pocket.

"It's about to get disgustingly adorable in here" my twin warns our friends and I whip my head to glare at him.

"Adorable?" Vinny quirks an eyebrow.

"That's the second time he's used that word" I roll my eyes.

"From what I hear, those two are far from adorable" Maya wiggles her eyebrows at the boys.

"Maya!" I gasp at the same time the boys are groaning and cringing in complete disgust.

"I don't want to be here anymore, let's cancel now before he gets here. Think of an emergency or something" Vinny shakes his head, nudging my brother for an idea.