46

Evangeline

"So, what do you study?" Jeremy asks Tristan now that we're all gathered around the table to stuff our faces.

It was a cheesy scene ripped right out of a movie.

"Business" Tristan smiles, though he's fooled everyone but me. I know how he feels about his parents and the pressure they place on him and the opportunity to even go to school here is part of that.

"Oh wow, smart man, smart man" Jeremy praises and I fight the urge to kick Lucas under the table due to his eye roll.

"It was either that or follow my mother into the fashion industry" Tristan teases.

"Which I could also see you doing, good looking kid" my uncle compliments.

"I second that" I raise my hand to which Hayden and Lucas pretend to barf onto their plates.

"And steal my mothers spotlight? No one's that brave" Tristan smirks but it doesn't raise any other laughs.

My hand reaches for his thigh underneath the table to give him a squeeze to which he places his hand over mine.

"Seriously, were you made in a lab?" Jeremy changes the subject.

"Getting weird Uncle J" Lucas gives him a look and that seems to ease some of the tension.

We spend the rest of dinner complimenting Jeremy on the meal while the men of my family get to know more about Tristan. His hand finds my thigh and it's now my turn to cover his with mine.

It felt really good.

When dinner was finished, we all stood to start the cleaning process only for a pair of hands to find my hips and yank me out of the kitchen.

"Not you" Tristan mumbled before kissing my temple and ushering me towards the couch.

"You can't kick me out of my own kitchen" I snort.

"I just did, sit down" he nods his head towards the couch.

"Tristan-"

"You told me going into this that you'd be stubborn, did you forget that I'm more stubborn than you are? No, because you didn't even let me list my warnings going into this either. Now, sit your cute ass down while I go do your dishes so that your family loves me" he cuts me off and before I can say anything else, he pecks my lips, gently shoves me so that I'm sitting and scurries into the kitchen.

Asshole.

I lasted about 15 seconds before launching back to my feet to go help.

"Ha! Not even for you will she remained seated" Lucas beams while Tristan groans.

"Baby, you just lost me $20" my boyfriend frowns at me. My eyes widen as I cross my arms over my chest and give him a look.

"You're betting on my patience?" I ask.

"Ooooh, you're in trouble" Jeremy and Hayden snicker as they clear the table.

"No, I was betting on your relaxation" Tristan corrects with that cheeky grin of his.

"So that little speech you just gave me about the stubbornness and wanting these morons to love you was-"

"All true" he cuts me off.

"Bullshit" I scoff, trying my best to hide the smile that wants to creep on my face.

"Scouts honor, sweetheart" he raises his right hand while his left covers his heart.

"Even your arguing is adorable, I'm going to actually throw up" my twin cringed.

"Luke just used the word adorable, I think hell has truly frozen over" Jeremy laughs.