Stop the Cart

I got questions about there size difference, that picture was my inspiration for that fact. Remember humans were made through evolution, it's the same way we took big cats and made them into house cats.

Marcus POV

We all walk down the walkway to the gateway of the shopping district. Maddy and I are to the left of Clare as she holds John's hand, she seems to be nervous as she looked around at all the stores. I watch as her eyes bounce around the stores that surround us, she clearly didn't feel comfortable, maybe even a little overwhelmed.

"Where are we going first?" Clare asks as she finally looks back at us.

"Since we know that shopping really isn't your thing we are going to let you pick out some things you like, get to know your style, then get you a personal stylist to do the rest, before you know it your closet will be full," Maddy says while linking her arm through Clares. John takes that as his queue to let go of Clare's hand. As he did Maddy pull Clare into a store who in return looked back with a pleading look. 

" Okay, so we know you like a very girly, soft, dare say pastel style, how against pants are you?" Maddy asks while looking through clothes on the rack.

" Well, Im not against them I just feel more comfortable with skirts," Clare says while playing with her necklace. She was clearly nervous about this so I grab one of her hands to hold in my own. She looks at me for a second before looking down and quietly stepping closer to me. This small actin has my heart speeding, I can't help but want to pull her into my chest and protect her from whatever hs her so scared.

"Why is that if you don't mind me asking?" Maddy asks finally looking up.

" Clare just shugs while leaning against my shoulder.

"So if I find so soft colored pants suit you would wear them?" Maddy says raising a brow.

Clare just nods as she looks around" Can I walk around a bit?"

John speaks up " Of cause love, just don't leave the store, Maddy will want you to try stuff on."

Clare nods and starts walking through the store looking at all finds of outfits and shoes. Then when we come to the jewelry section. She stops to look at the many rings and necklaces, I can see the gears turning in her head.

When the lady comes over to ask if we needed any help Clare takes out her phone and types something up before showing the lady. The woman reads it and smiles before nodding and walking away.

I shot the others a mind link knowing they would find this interesting too 'Our little mate is up to something."

'How so?' Kline asks.

I open mind link and let them see what I see.

"So what did you ask that lady?" I ask looking at Clare. I feel the presence of the others behind my eyes as they watch her too. I can feel the excitement that the others feel as they miss her being close to them.

" I don't see where that is your business," Clare says while standing just a little straighter as she tried to act normal but I can hear her heart pick up.

" Oh, but it is seeing as you're my mate and I am paying," I growl.

'Watch you temper Marcus.' Sarah says in her soothing voice.

"Yes, my mate, not my dad, and I will pay for this. Besides, you will know later but now isn't the time." Clare says as the lady walks back with a bag full of little boxes. I close the mind link and just huff.

After Clare pays we walk away and I grab the bag and hold it above my head. She quickly turns around and tries to get it back but she is way too small to get it.

"Are you going to tell me what is in it?" I ask with a smirk,

"It's none of your business now give it back!" Clare says.

I chuckle as I look down at her tiny form, she chest was pressed to my stomach as she stands on her tippy toes trying to reach the bag . Sparks flare across my skin when she touches causing  warm feeling to spread through me. I can't help but feel at peace and pure joy to have her close.

With a huff Clare steps back and throws her arms down  by her side" John, Maddy! Marcus is being mean again!"

Her cries for help have me laughing, but that soon stops as I feel a pinch in my side. I look down to see Maddy glaring at me." What are you doing?"

"I just wanted to see what she got, but she is being difficult." I roll my eyes as Maddy looks annoyed .

" Give it back to her, If she doesn't want you to know then she has the right to say no." John speaks up with arms full of clothes I am guessing Maddy decide to grab.

I once again roll my eyes but none the less hand the bag back to Clare who is smiling in victory. As soon as the bag leaves my hand she runs to Maddy and hides behind her.

Maddy smiles happy"  It's okay, I will protect you from the big bully."

John and Clare laugh but I let out a growl, spoil sports.