Secret Spot

Sages POV

"Where are you taking me?" Clare asks with a giggle as she holds on to my hand as I lead her down the path to one of my favorite spots.

I black blindfold was covering her eyes so the surprise stayed a surprise until I was ready. Clare thought this was so funny as she stumbles lightly only to let off little giggles.

As we come to our spot I walk behind Clare" are you ready?"

Clare nods her head with a smile stretching across her face. I untie the blindfold and stuff it in my back pocket. I watch as her eyes flutter open and look around the field. The excited look soon replaced with a look of pure confusion at the look of an empty field. I chuckle as she looks around then looks at me.

"Where exactly are e Sage?"

I take a few steps forwards and shove my hands in my pockets"This is the place my mom taught me magic. Now that our parents have started their own lives outside the castle I don't get to see her as much, but I still come here whenever I miss her."

I feel as Clar puls my hand from my pocket and holds it tight. I look down at her to see her beautiful eyes looking up at me. Her peachy lips are turned up in a small sweet smile that has a smile of my own appearing.

"Thank you for sharing your special spot with me Sage, It means so much to me."

I can't help but chuckle as I slid my hand through my long black hair." I am glad you like it but the show hasn't even started." 

She looks at me with confusion but I simply raise my hand out in front of me. I channel my energy and push it out to flow from my fingers as green sparks. Clare watches in amazement as the green sparked flows into the ground and trees start to sprout from the ground. The two sprouts grow side by side up into the sky until they are two weeping cheery trees, their flowers in full bloom. For the final touch the sparks start to flow out white and fly up to set in the open flowers of the tree, this lights up not only the tree but the area below it.

 Clare stares completely star-struck "Wow! I'm not sure if I should be amazed that you grew these in seconds or how beautiful they are!"

I chuckle as I pick up the picnic basket from the ground" how about both, love."

I take her hand and lead her under the trees. I take a blanket out of the basket and spread it out and have a set. Clare still standing is too busy looking at the flowers to notice I sat down, so I grab her hand lightly pulling her down to set in my lap.

Clare lets out a little yip of surprise as she looks up at me with rosy cheeks. Her little hands hold onto my denim jacket for support to calm her nerves. I lean back on my palms as I drink up the sight of her, her white shirt was off the shoulder letting me see the beautiful freckles that ran across her shoulders and colored bones. The soft pale skin she wore had slightly lifted when she landed on me. The lights above us make her exposed pale skin seem to shine, almost that of a glass doll. That wasn't the only thing shining, her eye eyes sparkled like gems framed by the long, black eyelashes. She truly was a sight to behold. I need t kiss her was suddenly stronger than ever and I can't help be leaning in a little closer. Her eyes flick down to my lips before meeting my eyes again.

"My little jewel, you look so amazing tonight. Almost too good to keep my hands off you." I mutter out as I slide my hand up her cheek. her skin was soft under my touch making me want to touch her more.

"I should be telling you that, it is nice to see you out of professional clothes,  I like the casual look on you. It feels more real." Her hands move from my jacket to the bleach spotted band t-shirt that I hand on. 

I can't help but laugh at the realization that it was true. She has only seen me in my pajamas and pants suits." Yeah, she showed up at the busiest time for us, but that is a good thing. You give us a reason to actually take a break from work."

Her smile grows at my words " I don't mind, I have been using the time to read up on the royal family and the history that isn't public. It is quite interesting."

I chuckle as I open the basket " Okay my little bookworm, how about some fruit."

Clare nods her head as I take the lid off the bowl to show a fruit salad. I pick up a grape and hold it in front of her mouth. She hesitates clearly embarrassed but soon opens her mouth for me to feed her. She chews slowly and gives me a smile when she is done" It's very sweet, you should try it."

I give her a little smirk" Okay I will."

I hold the bowl up to her and she takes a strawberry, but before she eats it I hold her wrist and guide her hand in front of my mouth. I hold eye contact as I slowly take the strawberry between my lips. She watches me chew with a look of complete shock and I smile in victory.

I lick my lip" You are right they are very sweet."

She pulls her hand into her chest" Sage stop teasing me."

I laugh and I wrap my arms around her" I can't help it, you make such cute faces."

Clare holds on to my shirt as she hides her face into my chest. I chuckle and hug her tight just enjoying the moment.

She pulls back and looks up at me" So is this your favorite band," She pauses and looks to read my shirt," Tales of the Dead?"

I smile at her attempts to get to know me" Yes it is, they are a rock band. I take it that you don't know them?"

She shacks her head." Oh well, maybe I will show you their songs sometime. Do you have a favorite band or singer?"

" I listen to all kinds of music, I don't really pay attention to who sings what song but right now I really like the song IDGAF by Due Lipa"

I smile at her"That is a good song, I like it too."

Clare giggles" Yeah I always feel like a boss when I hear it like I can do anything. It really just puts you in a bad B mood."

I throw my head back laughing" You don't really cuss do you?"

Her smile drops as she gets serious" I do when I get really mad but overall no, I don't think it suits me."

A chuckle passes my lips" I can understand that, but I do want to see you mad now. Well, not at me, maybe Marcus, I think that would be funny."

We both laugh at that, mainly because we both know it will happen at some point. As we calm down Clare rests her hand at the top of my chest and leans into me more," Thank you for making my first date so magical. I can't image tonight getting anymore perfect."

A smile finds its way to my lips as my hands find her cheeks once again" I can think of one thing." 

I lean in and let my lips find hers in a soft kiss. The normal sparks we feel have turned into full-blown flame that spreads down my body making me want more of her. I add more pressure to the kiss as I pull her closer causing her to little moan into my lips. Slowly I pull away as we breathe heavily just staring at each other, both with smiles on our faces.

She gives a giggle"Looks like you are my first date and my first kiss."

I let out a loud laugh and pull her closer until she is straddling my lap" And I am about to be your second kiss too."

I start peppering kisses all over her face making Care laugh and try to escape." That tickles Sage!" 

I stop as I laugh with her and settle on holding her close. I can't help but have an overflowing feeling of happiness and peace knowing I made her happy, something I will continue to do.