Little Island Get Away

Clare's POV

"So your parents just stay out here?" I look out the window of the helicopter down to the private island they live on.

"Yeah they wanted to be away from prying eyes and enjoy the peace our family worked so hard to get." Sage says pulling her headset off once we get the okay from the pilot. Marcus steps out before turning to help me out.

We walk up the stone path to a beautiful white mansion. As we get closer to the door we see a group of people standing outside the door. With in a second I am pulled in a chest. All I see in a pink tank top as I hear the woman squill" Oh my goodness I am sooooo happy to finally meet you!!!!"

I pull away to see a carbon copy of Maddy, but looking slightly older. I take a second to blink away my surprise before looking over to Maddy who was looking a little embarrassed.
" It's crazy right. We look like twins."
I look back at her mom and giggle" You do ma'am. It's so nice to meet you, I am Clarice."

An older man steps up and puts his hand on her shoulder. His brown hair had silver growing in but his eyes shined like he was still 10. " Dear let her meet the others too. Don't hog her like Madison does."

I am set down on my own feet once more as I hear Marcus speak up" Maddy doesn't hog her, Michel does. I swear she is always in his arms."
A shorter woman steps up and grabs Marcus by the ear" Don't you dare act like you don't drive her into his arms Marcus Sherman! Don't think we haven't heard about you destroying the library young man."
I burst into laughter and Marcus eyes snap to me showing off his extremely red face.
" What's so funny?"
I barely get my words out between my giggles" your middle name is Sherman!"
Maddy joins in on my laughter as Marcus takes a step towards us only for his mom to smack him upside the head.
" Mom! Why are you taking her side!"
His mom walks to me with so much affection" Because that's what moms do and this sweet little thing is going to make me a grandma some day!" I blush as she gives me a big huge.
As she pulls always another man steps around her. He half sandy blond hair and prettiest blue eyes.
" Hello dear, I am Klines dad, it's so nice to meet you." He give me his hand to shake.
I give him a big smile but soon I was pulled into a hug by another set of arms.
I look up to see a man with hair that was pure white including his eyebrows and eyelashes and eyes like the sky.
His voice was soft as he spoke" it's so nice to finally meet you Clare. Sarah talks non-stop about you."

As the parent caught up with the others I take note of the fact that I never met parents for John, Sage, or Michael. I know Sages mom should be here somewhere but I'm not sure about her dad or the others. I tap Maddy on the side to get her attention and then point to my head to ask her to mind link me.

" What's wrong my love?"
" Why didn't I meet Sages, Johns, Michels parents?"

It is quiet for a moment before she replies" Sages mom is cooking, Johns parents are still running private business at will be back for dinner. And Michel passed away in the war love."
I frown at her answer and find Michael. I watch as Maddys mom talks up a storm to Michael telling him he looks like he lost weight. Michael just stands there nodding along.
I go stand beside him taking his hand in mine and lean into his side. I feel him look down at me but as usual he says nothing.
" It is so sweet how close you two are. I used to worry that your mate would think you were mean like everyone else did when you were a child but it's easy to see how much she adores you Michael. The Moon Goddess truly know what she is doing." I smile up to Maddy's mom and nod. Before she could say anything else a voice slides into our head announcing that dinner is ready.
We walk in the house to see a little setting area with glass windows showing the island beauty on the other side. To the right is a door way with a thin woman stood. He hair was black as coal but her eye shined like emeralds. She had a very earthy look to her that added in to her welcoming feeling.
She walked over to me a gave me a kiss on the cheek before looking at me" hello dear it is so nice to meet you, I am Sages mom and I expect you to call me the same."