Fun in the Sun

Maddy's POV

I walk out of the bedroom and head to the kitchen to get some tea. The sun flowed into the room this morning so I am up a little early. When I walk into the kitchen I see Sage's mom and my own standing at the window gossiping.

" I am certainly impressed. I couldn't do that at her age let alone now."

" What are you guys doing now?"
I say as I walk over to see what is going on.

In the distance, you can see Clare on the beach going through he morning yoga session. At the moment she has her weight balanced on her hands as one leg touches her arm and the other is sticking straight out behind her.

"Oh yeah, she does that," I say as I turn back to the tea kettle.
The women turn back to me with a weird look.

Mom point to Clare" This is normal?"

I don't look up from my cup as I take in a breath of the blueberry tea" yep, every morning she works out and then does yoga. She never skips a day."

Sages mom smile and walks towards the oven to pull out sticky buns. I set down at the table and chat with my mom while I wait for Clare to be done.

"So I noticed Clare doesn't have any marks yet"
My eye contact to my moms as she looked down at her cups, her short brown hair slightly falling in her face.

" No we are taking our time, for her. When she is ready then we will." My mom nods slowly, taking in my answering. Sages mom joins us with a tray of sticky buns.

I pick one up as Sages mom joins the conversation." How do you feel about going slow?"

With my mouth full I take a moment to chew and think about how I felt. I know that I didn't like it because I want Clare but I also loved that we took our time because the trust she has for us is so strong.

I wipe my mouth still trying to pick the words" Well it's hard, I want to have that kind of relationship with her, I meet her and already had a love for her. But it's worth it, the amount of trust we have and respect couldn't have been possible if we didn't go slow. So I'm happy with where we are I guess."

Both moms smile at me but get distracted when we hear the door open. Looking through the archway we see Clare had just walked in. As she look toward us her smile grows as she spots us in the kitchen.

"Good morning, how did you sleep?" Clare asks with a smile.
We all give our own answers but I stop the conversation" Let's chat at breakfast okay? Sarah is probably waiting for you."

She smiles and excuses herself as she walks up the stairs. I turn back to the table to see both moms looking at me.

" Clare runs on routine, she gets unsettled if she isn't on time. Every day after yoga she showers with Sarah before joining us for breakfast."
They nod and change the topic to current events in the economy. I listen quietly as I wait for Clare.
Soon she comes down with the others wearing a white bikini top and a wrap-around skirt.
I smile as she sets beside me while the others make their plate of food from the breakfast bar. Leaning over I place a kiss on her temple causing her to blush. Sarah sets a plate down in front of her with French toast and fruit. Marcus brings me a plate as the other parents join us. Soon we were all together once more. It was an awkward silence due to John's mom picking a fight last night.

Kline's dad is the first to speak" I asked Clare when she went upstairs what she wanted to do today and she suggested going down the shore. She had never been to the beach before."

" Really? Not even for a vacation?" Maddy's mom asks.
I stiffen at the question as I look to Clare to see her reaction.
She gives a sad smile" No ma'am."