Wake Up

Clare POV
I woke up the next morning with the sun in my eye. It was something new to me, I was always up before the sun.

With that realization, my eyes snap open and I instantly regret it. My head hurt, it was like lava filled my brain.
It felt busy in my head and buzzed like I have never felt before.

I feel a cool relief take over my body as a new weight is added to the bed and hands slide over my waist. I open my eyes again and see a smiling Kline.

" Good morning love, how are you feeling?"

I lean into his chest enjoying his touch as I answered" like I jumped into a volcano and hit everything ledge on the way down."

I pause for a second before looking up at him" but it feels a lot better in your arms."

We both blush lightly but Kline smiles" That would be the mate bond, making you feel like you can't live without John. He would be move relief to you but some work can't be left not done."

I took in his word with a nod before settling back in his arms" that's fine I am happy to cuddle with you too."

I feel his chest shake as he chuckles" you had us worried, you have been asleep for three days. We were scared your body was rejecting the mark."

My eyes snapped open as I set up. The light headed feeling took over as my body hurt in places it shouldn't until I had gray hair. I grab my head and groan.

" Easy love, you are still healing."

I shake my head lightly" I can't stay in bed, I been in here for three days. You guys were worried. I need to get up."

My anxiety takes over as I throw my legs over the bed. When I go to stand I instantly crumble under my weight only to be held up by Kline.

Kline lifts me up and brings me into his arms much like how Michael does when I use him as a shield from Marcus.

I sign in defeat as I bury myself into his shoulder.
" Love it won't be long before you are back to normal again. You are just going to take longer due to who you are mated to."

I don't lift my head as I speak" What does that mean?"

Kline sighs as he I feel his body start to sway side to side, light he was coaxing a child to sleep. And to be honest it was working.
" Being mark by someone is like tying your souls together. The flow of your energy is now connected. John can feel your soul, thoughts, feelings, and desires. Just like you can feel his. That's why it hurts. His soul is much older than yours on top of the fact that he is Alpha King. You feel his connection to his people, the weight of his responsibilities. You share his burdens now."
His words were heavy but made since. With the new knowledge I looked into my feelings and felt each strand that connected me to the werewolves across the nation. And like that the heat faded in my head slightly. Once I stopped fighting it, it's like it snapped in place and instead of burning me warmed me from the inside out.

My thoughts moved to John and we were now one. I hope he doesn't feel guilty.

"'I did my love. I hated myself for hurting you.'

I sat up from Klines neck and look around. John was no where to be seen but I knew that was his voice.
' Are you in my head again?'
I hear him chuckle.
' Yes love, but this time you called out to me.'

I called to him. I don't remember saying anything. How could I call to him?

' What do you mean' I asked confused.

' Now that we are mated you can mind link me and really any werewolf under my command.'

I feel overwhelmed by the information. I could mind link any werewolf, like any of them? But that did answer my original question.

'But how did I call out to you? I wasn't trying to mind link you."

" You thought of me."
Oh great, that's a problem.
'So I now can't think about you or you can hear my thoughts?'

'No love, you can put up a blocker to keep people out. Then when you want to mind link someone you put it down and think of them'
A blocker, in my mind. This just got so confusing. Too much too soon.
' How do you do that?'

I hear John sigh before he explains
' Think of a wall all around you. Picture it, the shape, the color, everything and picture blocking out the world.'

I do as he says and then call out to him again. I get nothing in reply so I guess it worked. Giving my attention back to Kline who now set on the bed with me I'm his lap slightly rocking us side to side.

" Sorry, I didn't mean to ignore you." I say as I lean into his chest.

He kisses my head" No worries my love. I am glad you got that figured out. You should feel a lot better now."

I thought it over for a moment. I did feel better. Less nauseous and not so hot. I actually felt cold now. I realize I had a cold sweat going. My hair was in my face so I can only imagine how frizzy it must be. I wore only a shirt that, judging by the smell, must be Michaels.

" Can we take a bath, I feel gross."

Kline chuckles but stand while I stayed wrapped around him." Anything you want love."

He takes me to the bathroom and sets me on the sink while he ran that water. I turned to look in the mirror to realize I looked a little dead. Pale as a ghost with dark eye bags. My hair was a nest on top of my head.

Kline came up to me now naked and took my hair down and stripped me of my shirt. Hi picks me back up and walks use over to the tub.

He steps into the tub and Kline goes to set me down but I hold onto him." No please don't."

Kline swallows hard" Do you want me to hold you still?"

I nod and climb back in his arms . Kline is stiff as I lean on his chest, face red as he slowly wrapped his arms around me.
We set quietly for a moment, just being together. Kline relaxed with time and felt more confident. With each pass of his hand through my hair I felt his love for me. His need to take care of me. He gets my hair wet and begins to wash my hair. The gross feeling and panic of being out for so long leave me as I lightly moan as the hot water falls over me.
When my hair is done I open my eyes to see Klines content smile" I see why Sarah loves this so much."

I smile" It's nice to just be close to you guys like this."

Kline smiles as he runs a hand over my wet hair. We just stare at each other for a moments before his eyes flicked down to my lips. I smile and lean in to kiss him, wanting nothing more than to be close to him. Our kiss was slow, filled with emotions and tingles. I pull away to see his bright face.

I lean my head back on his chest and enjoy the steady pace of his heart.