Chapter 34

I put the address of the house Ariana and I were gonna see in my GPS. I felt somewhat nervous for this, I mean to me, this is a huge step in our relationship.

Of course there are parts of myself that feel the need to go back to who I was, to just retreat from all this. But, I want this beautiful thing with Ariana, and I don't want to fuck it up just because I'm too scared to leave my comfort zone.

I was driving, and the road was really hidden and there were trees all along the road, like it literally looked like I was driving in the forest or something. I mean, I guess the privacy is there that Ariana wants.

My main thing is the privacy and safety of a house. As long as it has that then I'm perfectly good.

"I'm so excited." Ariana squealed as she squeezed my hand.
"Me too." I quickly glanced at her and smiled.
"Then we'll get to host our Sunday Dinners, Christmas, Thanksgiving, and all the other holidays and such." Ariana ranted on.

I never pictured myself being close to a situation like this. Never in a million years would I have thought that I'd be getting a home with my girlfriend and have talks about hosting holidays. Usually I'd purposely schedule holidays to work just so I wouldn't be alone at home. But now that's all changed. It's a good change though.

"I'm really excited for all that, I love you." I wanted to kiss her, but of course I can't, I'm driving.

We finally got to the house, it was a midcentury modeled home. It also had a gate and private driveway that was hidden because of so many trees.
I already love this house.

"This looks really nice. I'm so so excited." Ariana smiled, I had parked and we both got out.

A woman dressed in a form fitting black dress, greeted us.
"Hello Ariana! It was a pleasure speaking to you on the phone!" The woman held her hand out to Ariana, then looked over at me.
"This is my girlfriend Riley." Ariana said before I can even introduce myself.
"Nice to meet you Riley, I'm Amanda." She held her hand out for me to shake, so I did.
"It's nice to meet you too Amanda." I replied.

Then Ariana instantly held my hand after.
"Okay let's take a look inside shall we?" Amanda spoke, leading us to the front door.
"Yes!" Ariana spoke excitedly.

We walked in and it was a hallway with wood paneling on the walls, it already felt homey. The floors had a lighter tone of wood, almost like a cream color. The more we walked, the more the space opened up and revealed a living room, spacious might I add, with a beautiful view of the backyard and the rest of the city.

Amanda was telling us the information about the home, "This midcentury home was built in 1961, it is .42 acres, 5 beds, 4 baths, and 2 half baths."

5 beds? I don't even know how or why we need that many bedrooms?

Ariana still had my arm linked to hers while we were following Amanda. I let Ariana do all the talking and such.
I just asked basic questions about the privacy and how close everything was.

The home itself felt very welcoming, had the perfect lighting from the windows, the master bedroom had the best view out of all rooms, and even still felt private even with a huge window. And it also had a big closet as well, Ariana was sold on that alone.