Chapter 15

I woke up in Ariana's bed with her cuddling into me again. I could honestly never get used to it. It's such a nice feeling and somehow it just gets better and better.

I had work later today, a night shift. I had to go home and shower and get extra rest for tonight.

But I'll wait to go until Ariana wakes up. In the mean time, I'm going to rest some more.

I wasn't really sleeping, I was just resting my eyes.

My dad would've loved Ariana. He would've liked how she was so caring and nurturing, and strong.
Damn that woman is strong. And I admire that.

She feels like home to me. I've never really had that feeling growing up, besides the time I'd hang out with my dad. But overall, I've never had a safe place, to escape all my thoughts and emotions. But it's like when I'm just with her, it all goes away. It's like coming home.

I know we aren't going to pursue anything soon, but I just wanted to let my feelings out.

I felt caressing on my arm, and I looked and I saw Ariana with eyes barely open.
"Goodmorning." I started to play with her hair.
"Goodmorning." She smiled.
"I've got work today." I stayed with a little sigh.
"I'm going to miss you. I'll be in the studio while you're at work so I can stay up with you." She had a cheeky smile, that made me smile.
"I'm going to miss you too. And new music oooo. I'm excited." I chuckled.

"I'm excited for you to hear." She squealed.
I just chuckled, then she got up and went to her bathroom. I checked my phone to see any social media or anything. I noticed I got a jump in followers.
How the fuck?
Then I had all these mentions which involved Ariana. How did they find me? How do they know my name?

Ariana came out of the bathroom wearing my hoodie that I wore last night.

"I see you stole my hoodie." I let out a soft laugh.
"Well, it's comfy and it smells like you." She shrugged with a cheeky smile.
"And how exactly do I smell?" I kept a smile but with a raised brow.
"Like honey and lavender. I don't know what lotion you use or perfume but it smells good." She laughed, and I laughed with her and mumbled a "thanks".

"By the way, I don't know how your fans managed to find my Instagram and find out who I was and everything." I laughed.
"They're skilled it's unbelievable. They find out stuff before I even find out." She laughed.
"I should hire some for the department. Cause some of the detectives are shit. Just sayin." I said with a small chuckle.
She laughed at this, "oh god, is it really that bad?"
"Some of them are just genuinely lazy. Like they're so comfortable in their position that they feel like they're above everyone else and that they're always right. It's so annoying." I rolled my eyes at the thought, "not just detectives are like that, some of the cops are like that too," I shook my head.

I'd knock all their asses out if I could.

"I'm sorry you have to work with people like that." She caressed my shoulder which made me feel at ease.
"Karma will get them one way or another." I said.

Then I saw the time and saw that it was already 10 a.m.
"I've gotta get going," I started to get out of bed.
"Right now?" Ariana has these puppy eyes that you just can't reject.
"I've gotta shower and everything." I chuckled.
"Ugh fine." She sighed.
I just chuckled at her.