Chapter 13

I couldn't go to sleep that night. I know I shouldn't be over analyzing any of this because this could all be just friendly gestures. Maybe she's an affectionate person.

I managed to get a little sleep though, so I got up and walked Kobe and then gave him food and water.

I decided on going to the gym too, to stop my mind from racing through all these thoughts.

I had to put myself in check, I was getting too vulnerable and she was taking control of my emotions too fast.

I somewhat wanted to avoid her but I knew I couldn't. That wouldn't solve anything.

During my work out I felt my phone buzz. I stopped whatever workout I was doing and I looked at it, and my heart stopped for a quick moment.

Ariana: hey can we talk?

This doesn't sound too good.

You: Yeah, what's up?

Ariana: just come over. i'll tell you then

Well shit. My workout was almost done so I just went ahead and finished a rep and went home. I took a shower then I put on Nike sweats and a hoodie, then a pair of Nike shoes. I also put a hat on.

My stomach had butterflies but not the good kind. I was anxious. Did she not want to hang out with me anymore?
Did I do something wrong?
Oh god, my anxiety is just going through the roof right now.

I tried to silence my thoughts while driving because it was raining, so I had to concentrate and make sure I didn't crash or anything.

Soon enough, I pulled up to her drive way. This time I didn't want to go in.
It was silent in the car, except for the sounds of raindrops hitting my car. I concentrated on that sound to try and ease my thoughts. It didn't help.

After a few moments sitting in my car, I got out and I was already getting wet from the rain, but I got to the front door.
I rang the doorbell, after a few seconds the door opened to reveal Ariana. Except she wasn't in her usual ponytail. Her hair was shorter and curlier, it was beautiful on her. She also had her glasses on, and an oversized hoodie on, with shorts under.

"Hi." I smiled, she let me in and the dogs came running towards me after she closed the door.
"I like your hair." I looked at her.
"Thank you. It's my real hair." She smiled.
"It's beautiful." I mumbled, trying not to make it seem like I'm all head over heels for her. Which I'm sure she knows by now.

"So what did you want to talk about?" We were walking towards her living room and taking a seat on her couch.
"Look, I know you like me. And I like you. You're literally the only girl I've ever felt this way about. I never have labeled myself nor will I ever. But I want you to know that I carry a lot of baggage. My lifestyle is not for everyone. And I don't want to ever put that much pressure on you, and have millions of people's opinions on you. And then with Mac gone, I'm just not ready to jump into a relationship. Not right now at least. I'm sorry if this is too much. If you don't want any part of this, please just let me know and I'll leave you alone." She was rambling, her voice was cracking during this.

I wasn't expecting all of this. But I knew one thing for sure was that I wasn't going to leave her.

"Ariana. Listen. Yes I like you. And I'm not going to leave you. I'm here for you. All of that publicity stuff, doesn't phase me. I've got thick skin. I can handle it. I'm not going to give up on you. And I'm also not going to pressure you into a relationship. You just lost your ex and got out of an engagement. That's fucking hard. So yes I understand that you're not ready, and don't feel like you need to rush your recovering process for me. Take your time, love yourself. Let yourself heal. I won't leave you. I promise you that." I held her hands, making sure she knew exactly what I meant, with every word.