Chapter 11

I've only ever been to Rodeo Drive like once and that was me just driving on it. I mean I never saw the big deal about it, it's just a bunch of high-end stores all on one street.

I don't really shop a lot, let alone like shopping. But when I do shop it's very quick because I'm a very basic person when it comes to clothing.

But since Ariana invited me, I just couldn't say no. For the first time I also wasn't dreading going shopping.

I parked my car and we both got out. It was a little busy on the street but worst case scenario, we can leave.

"What store do you want to go in?" I asked as we walked.
"Let's go to.....Chanel." She smiled then wrapped her arm around my arm.

This small gesture had my heart racing, I can feel my ears getting red, but I liked it.

We were making small talk while walking to Chanel. Then once we got there she was looking around, observing everything.

The next thing I know, we leave with like 4 bags. Not small bags either.

I insisted I'd carry them for her but she said no. So I was only carrying two and she carried two, then a couple minutes later, while walking around, she said her arm was hurting from carrying two. So then I was stuck with carrying 3 bags and her just 1.

I didn't mind it though. She had her arm wrapped around my arm. As long as she's relaxed, I'm okay.

"Where do you want to go? I've done my shopping." She laughed pointing at the bags.

"No where really. I'm not a big shopper." I laughed.

"Oh come on. There has to be at least one place you want to go." She asked, her big brown eyes were like staring into my soul, it felt like.

"I'm all good." I laughed, I genuinely was okay.
"Are you sure?" She asked again.
"Yeah." I smiled down at her.
"Okay! If you say so." She smiled, "we can go home now." She said.
Plus it was starting to get a little overcast, looking like it was gonna rain.
I nodded and we started walking in the direction where my car was in. Then I heard someone running. I instantly got into high alert and looked around and then saw a man with a camera, then shortly after there were a few others.

I just wanted to protect Ariana. Judging by her silence and body language, she was uncomfortable. I couldn't do much because I had the big ass bags I was carrying.

"Why'd you and Pete call off the engagement?" One is the cameramen said.

Engagement? What?

I didn't know she used to be engaged.

Then one of the other guys yelled, "Is it because of Mac?"

This had Ariana gripping onto my bicep hard. I looked over and saw her eyes get glossy, she was breathing hard. I didn't know what they were talking about but, I knew for sure that what he said triggered her.

"Why don't you just back up you guys." I put all the bags in one hand and used my now free hand to guard us.

"Who the fuck are you?" One of the guys asked, with pure disgust.