Chapter 30

It was Thursday, which I remembered I had planned something with Jailyn when she texted me.

Ariana was sleeping over at my apartment, so when I woke up, she was still asleep.
Jailyn and I planned to meet each other at the gym around 10 AM so when I checked the time to see it was already 9, I tried to get up.

Ariana was laid on top of me, I didn't want to wake her up because she just looked so peaceful.
But I also needed to pee.

I caressed her back, then I tried to slowly slip myself out of her grip, I managed to do it without waking her up. I made my way to the bathroom to go pee and to also get ready.

When I got done I stepped out, I had to go into my closet to get my gym clothes and Ariana was still asleep.
I picked out some basketball leggings, then basketball shorts over those leggings, then just a muscle shirt that showed a bit of my sports bra. I checked the weather and noticed it was cold so I grabbed a hoodie.

I was gonna write a little note for Ariana before  I left, but while I was doing so, she woke up and saw me writing.

"Goodmorning." I smiled, I went leaned down to kiss her forehead.
"Goodmorning baby." Her voice still sounded sleepy, her eyes were still a little closed, her curly hair was out for display and I loved it.
"Where are you going?" She asked.
"To the gym with Jailyn. I'll be out for like 2 hours babe." I mentioned.
"Jailyn? Who's Jailyn?"
"The girl I met at the gym a few days ago, we played basketball together. I told you remember?" I chuckled.
"Oh yeah." She just nodded, "I might go back to my house while you're at the gym. Were you gonna go to mine after?"
"Yeah babe." I smiled.

I looked forward to spending the day with Ariana, there's nothing better.

I gave her one last kiss goodbye and left, I made sure to lock the door, obviously.
I texted Jailyn to let her know that I was on my way, she said she was too.

I got the gym and went to the court, I was there before Jailyn so I decided on stretching a bit so I don't hurt myself when we do play. After I stretched, I started shooting.

I was making all the shots until I missed one then I heard a voice, "you suck ass". I turned around getting ready to talk back, then I saw Jailyn.
"Not even, I was making all the shots before you walked in." I laughed.
"Yeah yeah okay." She laughed, "it's nice to see you." She gave me a side hug.
"Yeah you too." I smiled.
"You know, I actually know nothing about you." She laughed, grabbing the basketball from my hands and dribbling it.
"Same goes for you, but I'll tell you what you wanna know." I laughed, trying to grab the ball from her, but she obviously crossed over.
"Well like, what work do you do, what do you like to do, where are you from, that kind of stuff." She shot the ball, making it, so I grabbed it and passed it back to her.

"Well, I'm from here, LA. I'm a police officer for LAPD, I usually patrol around Beverly Hills, that's my area. Uhm, I like basketball, I love my dog and girlfriend." We both laughed at how awkward this conversation was, which the laughter made it somewhat less awkward.
"You're a police officer? How's that? I don't mean to be disrespectful or anything but there's a bad rep for the job." She stated.

I took no offense to it at all, because she does have a point.

"I enjoy it, I've always felt like I was a protector, I always wanted to give back. That's always been my intentions with this job, unlike most, people want this job for the money and authority , the fact that you don't have to go to school for it, and it's easier for ex-military to get into. I feel like the people that really don't have a positive view for cops do have a right to feel that way because not every cop is good, there are people who are dicks and that think just because they wear that badge, they're above everybody, when in reality they're not. It's sad and it makes me mad. I think another part of the reason why I wanted to join was because I wanted to help change this system, like let people know that not all cops are like that. But if we're being honest here, the system is fucked." I truthfully said.