Chapter 3- Nevaeh

~Fear or Pain?~
•Chapter 3•

Many believe they need to die. They try so hard to convince themselves that death is what they need.

But needs and wants are two different elements.

Many people get those two elements mixed up; they believe their needs are their wants.

Many say they want death, they believe they are ready for death.

Death is not painful, life is. Death is just easily feared by many.

If you have fears you do not want to die. You can think you want to but deep down your fears are trying to tell you it's not what you need.

The second you lose your fears, is the second you lose your will to life.

I have a genetic disorder that progressively destroys the amygdala, the part of the person researchers believe is the anatomical seat of fear.  There's many other side effects to this such as memory loss, seizers, distractibility, and more that I can't remember.

"Hi there! What can I get for you" I ask the man standing in front of me.

He stares down at me, taken aback.

He probably has never seen someone openly talk to him without fear.

He stands there studying my movement, making me awkward.

"Uhm sir how may I help you?" I try again, this time less confident and more awkward.

"A black coffee"

Gross.

I punch in the coffee And as I'm about to tell him the amount, he hands me a hundred dollar bill while adding "keep the change"

I mumble a quick thank you before brewing the coffee.

"Here you are sir" I state, closing the lid of the cup while sliding it to the man.

"Sladen," he says as he grabs the cup and exits the shop.

I already know your name dip shit, the whole fucking town does.

"Who are you talking about," Belle says, what the fuck she came out of nowhere.

Shit. Did I say that out loud?

"Yes, yes you did. So who were you talking about?"

"No one important, clock in and I'll teach you the rest of the things," I say, grabbing the dirty tea towel and throwing it into the dirty towel bin while grabbing a clean one.

3 hours later...

It was now 11 pm and mine and belles shift had just ended. I grabbed the keys from the shelf and made my way to lock up the doors.

As I finish locking the back doors I make my way to the front to help Belle stock up for the next set of crew members tomorrow.

By the time I'm finished it's 11:45 pm and I make my way to the back staff room to grab my bag.

Belle offered me a ride home in which I gladly accepted, not wanting to walk home in the dark.