Chapter 11- Nevaeh

~My home~
•Chapter 11•

What the hell is going on?

I stand still looking between the two men waiting for one of them to speak up.

"Nevaeh," Sladen says to who I'm guessing is his father.

Sladen's father hums in response before turning his attention back to me.

"I'm Sladen's father," he says sticking his hand out for what I assume is a handshake.

I raise my hand and shake his hand while adding a nice to meet you.

His father excuses himself saying he was tired and was going to head to bed.

As he walks past me and Sladen he pats his shoulder while whispering "Don't fuck it up," loud enough for me to hear.

As the sound of footsteps begins to fade I take my phone out of my pocket to see if I had gotten any text from my parents.

As I unlocked it I had realized I had gotten 4 texts from my mother and none from my father or brother.

Mother
Nevaeh come back we are sorry.
Stop doing this Nevaeh.
We just want to talk.
We are leaving in two days for another business trip, I thought I'd let you know.

The messages were sent yesterday meaning they were leaving tomorrow.

I knew they would leave eventually.

They never stay.

"Heaven," Sladen whispers pulling my phone away from me.

"It's nothing," I say allowing him to take it away from me.

He looks at the messages then at me shaking his head slightly.

"Let's go eat dinner," he says grabbing my hand leading me to the kitchen.

"What do you want," he asks as we enter the kitchen.

"Anything," I tell him making him shake his head and take out ingredients making me wonder why he didn't just ask one of the cooks to make food, but I mean I don't mind a man that can cook.

I sit on the countertop with my feet dangling as he makes his way around the kitchen.

Where's Belle?

"They went out to eat," Sladen says as he grabs mozzarella from the fridge making me smile widely.

I love cheese.

Especially mozzarella.

Before grading the cheese he cuts a small piece and walks over to me telling me to open.

I open my mouth and he plops the cheese in.

I'm in love with cheese.

I chew on the cheese with a wide grin making him laugh then walk back to whatever he was making.

A few minutes passed and now I'm stirring the pasta while he's cutting the chicken.