Chapter 4- Nevaeh

~What the hell happened?!~
•Chapter 4•

"Pull over and get in the back seat Nevaeh," Belle says making me pullover.

As I reach the curb I start to feel dizzier and dizzier. I take off my seatbelt and fall into the back seat laying down on my back.

Getting hit in the head doesn't really help my brain condition now does it.

"Eva you still awake,"

No, I'm dead.

"Hmm" I hum to her to tell her I'm up.

It's just a minor inconvenience,

As she pulls up to a huge gated property she punches in a code allowing the gate to open.

As she parks near the front, she opens her door and rushes to open mine. She grabs my arm helping me up, slinging my arm around her neck.

Belle opens the front door and helps me up the stairs ignoring the worried looks from the maids. She opens a door leading to a bathroom. She tells me to sit on the countertop as she opens the cabinets searching for what I assume is a first aid kit.

"Shit" she hissed before muttering a quick be right back. As she exits the room I lean back as my eyelids become heavy.

The door bursts open with someone telling me to keep my eyes open.

"Just two minutes," I say allowing the darkness to consume me.

...

Opening my eyes I began to look around. 

Shit, my head hurts like a bitch.

I look around confused about where I am. Just as I'm about to get up the door opens and in walks Belle. She rushes to me and pushes me down onto the bed telling me not to get up.

I look at her confused as to why she's reacting this way and why I'm here or where I am. Just then I remember getting bashed in the head with a gun and being followed with Belle.

As she hands me some Advil, telling me it'll stop the pain in my head, I take it.

As I finish drinking the Medicine the door opens and In walks Sladen. What the fuck.

As I look between Belle and him I realize his similar they look. "Is he your brother?" I ask Belle who gives me a confused look before responding with a who.

"Him," I say pointing to Sladen.

"What the fuck Sladen get out I told you not right now let her rest!" She yells at him with a scowl on her face. Yep definitely siblings.

"Out Belle," he says looking at her in a way that says I-don't-want-to-argue.

Belle leaves the room and he walks to the bed.

"Describe the person who was following and attacked you looked like," he says standing at the end of the bed.

As I try to remember how the person looked I only remembered it was a guy.

"It was a dude and that's all I remember," I say.

God my head still fucking hurts.

"You don't remember anything useful like a tattoo or anything?" He asks making me shake my head getting him irritated.

"Then what do you remember!" He asks

"Getting bashed in the head with a gun and someone following us," I state not wanting to think about it more because it will only cause a bigger headache.

As I look at Sladen's face I feel sorry that I can't help.

He turns to leave making me call out "Sladen lemme think just wait," I say as I close my eyes and put my head on my knees trying to find those lost memories while covering my mouth. A piercing pain goes through my head making me let out a muffled scream.

The man appears holding a gun to my forehead.

"Slit brow," I say making it come out as a groan instead.

"Tattoo, tattoo. Forearm" fuck I feel like a robot whose chip is getting fried.

"No burn mark. Human branding," fuck I can't do it.

I open my eyes and lean my head back on the headrest as the pain is still piercing through my head making me want to cry.

I sit still trying to control my breathing.

"What did you just do," Sladen asks

"I remembered," I say in a huff

"Fuck it hurts," I say closing my eyes, grabbing my hair and yanking it as tears begin to fall.

As the pain starts to soothe I reopen my eyes.

I try not to remember when I forget things because every time I try and remember something it destroys more of my amygdala.

Belle walks into the room and looks at me then at Sladen who I didn't know was still in the room.

"Why the fuck did you make her cry, Sladen! She's the only person who wants to be my friend and isn't scared of me because of you!" She says before walking over to me and pulling me into a hug.

"I-"
I'm quick to cut him off "he didn't do anything I did it to myself, I'll explain when we are alone," I tell her, making sure only she heard the last part to which she nods.

The door closes indicating Sladen was gone.

She pulls back and looks at me waiting for me to explain.

"I have a genetic disease that slowly destroys my amygdala, which leads to memory loss, loss of fear, seizures, distractibility, and more. Every time I lose my memory and try to remember the lost memory I speed up the process of destroying my amygdala. I end up getting a really bad headache if I'm lucky, or a seizure when I'm not," I explain as she sits and listens

"I'm guessing your parents are always around you then?" She asks making me laugh

"They're never home, only for special occasions," I say.

"But what happens if you get a seizure and you're all alone?" She asks worriedly

"Then we hope I don't die," I say in a joking way. 

"It's never happened because I never tried to remember something alone," I tell her. Leaving out the part the seizure could happen any time even if I'm not remembering anything because I didn't want to worry her.

"Do you want to stay the night we can have a sleepover, I can give you spare clothes tomorrow for school?" She asks, hope and happiness flooding her eyes, making me smile and nod.

-----------------------