Chapter 18- Nevaeh

~Unexpected Surprise~
Chapter 18

"Your cousin?" Noah says as if it was obvious.

"Really Noah I didn't fucking realize! Now tell me where the fuck both of you went and don't say the fucking army because I know who he-" I say pausing, pointing at Sladen then continuing "is and not just anyone is known to him especially someone whose supposed to be in the army," I say as Sladen's hands wrap around my waist.

"I think we should have a family discussion," Noah says making me roll my eyes

"Well, no fucking shit really?" I say with sarcasm lacing my words,

"I didn't go to the army Nevaeh," Noah says

"Well I think I put that together," I say throwing my arms in the air

"Your mother and father didn't send me to the boarding school they sent me to train," He says pausing fixing his sleeves, "I was trained to become the don of the Russian mafia," he finishes leaving me in shock.

"They didn't want your brother involved and it was either me or.." he trails off and I understand what he meant by that.

"They wanted me to," I don't finish my sentence as I feel the tear at the brim of my eyes.

Noah nods in response.

"And you through your life away so I didn't have to go through it?" I asked

"What I went through would be nothing compared to what they would have put you through and your father made that clear,"

Those words left me disgusted.

They made me feel disgusting.

Knowing I was created by someone who would allow their daughter to go through that. That has allowed other girls to go through that.

I take a step back only to bump into Sladen.

"Tell me you don't," I say as a tear slips

"Did you forget I'm gay?" He says with humour laced into his words

"You know what I mean. Just tell me you don't traffic and other stuff," I ask

"God no! I couldn't that I released them when I was given the title of don I killed all the people who protested. I respect women, I'm not your father," he states

My father.

The Russians

The Italians

I turn around staring into Sladen's eyes.

"How do you know them," I ask

"We are partners," he says making me shake my head,

"Your father hates the Russians I heard him when I was over he said he wanted to kill them all," I say taking a step back from Sladen

"He's trying to kill his father," Kenji says making me pause

Well, I didn't expect that.

"It's true," Sladen says making me groan.

"This is getting too complicated," I say walking out of the dining room and hear footsteps follow after me.

"Where are you going?" Kenji asks

"I cancelled a date to spend time with my cousin who had to lie to me and only found out he had to lie because the guy I'm da- talking to, the guy I'm talking to is doing business with them because he hates his father and wants to kill him. I could care less about this whole thing because, surprise, I might not even remember any of this so I'm gonna go on with my day and go buy some sweets," I say walking to the door.

"With what money your paycheck doesn't come for another three days and you spent all your money on groceries, and the nearest grocery store is a 45-minute walk and you don't have a car so how are you getting there?" Sladen asks with his hands in his pockets.

"With the money I stole from Kenji's wallet and the keys I stole from you when you had your arms around me," I say winking at them as I close the door running to Sladen's car and getting in.

By the time I start the engine Sladen and Kenji are banging on the window.

I rev his car and speed out of the lot.

I press the radio and blast the music going down the road with the windows rolled down.

I'm having my main character moment that you see in those Wattpad books and I'm loving it.

By the time I reach the grocery store I had already received a shit ton of calls and texts from the boys.

Kenji had $200 in his pocket which is stupid since someone could've stolen it easily, aka me.

I walk into the grocery store and grab a cart.

I rush to the sweet section knowing damn well the boys are gonna be here in about twenty minutes since Kenji never speeds and since Noah and Kenji are engaged if Noah is driving he would die if he speeds and not by speeding.

I quickly grab all the sweets I want and check out.

As I walk back to Sladen's car, the bag of sweets in hand, I see a flock of boys surrounding it.

I walk straight to it and get stares from the boys.

I unlock the trunk and put my sweets in it.

"This yours," a boy asks and I shrug walking to the driver's seat.

"It's probably daddy's money," another says laughing at his 'joke',

"In a way I guess, but I think you boys should back away. My boyfriend doesn't like people around his stuff, me being one," I say with a smile.

"Nevaeh!" I hear someone yell making me quickly open the car door and getting in.

"That's him I gotta run," I say winking at the boys closing the door, putting on my seat belt and starting the car, leaving the lot staring at the rearview window where Sladen stands with his hands in his hair.

I look back at the road turning the music back up and smiling at myself.

—————————————————————————

A/n: I have a biology test which I'm freaking out about but instead of studying I'm writing a chapter for you guys! I hope you enjoyed!