Chapter 16- Nevaeh

~ Untimely visits ~
•Chapter 16•

Noah sits on the couch while I finish texting Sladen cancelling our plans telling him I would explain later but I couldn't go out with him today.

Arabelle left telling me she had something to attend to leaving me and Noah.

"It's been a while," Noah says causing me to close my phone and look up at him.

"It wouldn't have to be that way if you had decided to stay," I remind him

"We both know I had no choice," he sighs causing me to look away

"I missed you," I whispered causing him to get up and wrap his arms around me.

"I'm back and I promise I won't leave you again," he says making me smile.

"Deal," I say punching his shoulder as he lets go causing him to laugh.

"So how's your brother," Noah asks sitting back down

"You know the same bitch as always," I say rolling my eyes.

"He not giving you an easy time?" He asks making me groan and fall back annoyed by the conversation.

"You already know the answer Noah, after all, you're more like a brother to me than a cousin," I say with a sigh.

Noah had been living with my "family" since the age of 12 because his parents hated the fact their twelve-year-old son was gay so they kicked him out and my parents took him in claiming they wanted another son. They never adopted him, just took guardianship over him. He was four years older than me but thank the lord he wasn't a bitch to me like my actual brother.

I had seen Noah as a big brother to me rather than Silas.

Silas had never really given me the best treatment growing up. He would always give me the constant reminder that I was just a burden on the family, that I had been wasting my family's money on useless medical bills.

Over time I believed it until Noah found out what he had been saying and beat the shit out of Silas. My lovely parents found out and he was sent to an institution for the fucked up kids to put it lightly.

Honestly, I'm surprised they hadn't sent me there.

He would send me letters at the institution. At 18 he registered himself into the army alongside his best friend, Kenji, who he had met prior to being sent away. The last letter Noah had sent me was about how he had gotten accepted into the army.

It hurt but I knew it was what he wanted to do.

Kenji had been there for me from the day Noah was sent away. He was like another brother to me but when I had turned 14 Kenji had told me he was accepted to be in the army. He was hoping to be able to see his best friend again and I couldn't blame him for that.

"Did you and Kenji finally reunite?" I ask dragging myself out of my thoughts.

"We did," Noah says in a whisper while dropping his head.

"That's not funny Noah your acting as if something happened," I say as my throat feels as if there is a rock stuck in it.

"They didn't tell you did they?" Noah asks looking making my heart stop.

"Stop it," I say standing up immediately.

"He's..." Noah says trailing off as another voice cuts in,

"Behind you," they say making me turn around immediately, making me scream and jump onto Kenji.

"You fucking bitch!" I scream as I hug the living shit out of him.

As I finish hugging him I step back and turn around going straight to Noah with my arms wide open making him smile and stand up opening his arms.

As I'm close enough to reach him I slap him right across the face and turn around and run back and hug Kenji not before slapping him across the face first.

Noah joins in on the hug and as I let go I let out a laugh at the two boys' red cheeks.

"Want some food I can make mixed fried rice?" I ask leading to the boys nodding eagerly.

I make my way into the kitchen and grab the ingredients for the food and start making it.

"Hey Firefly," Noah says as I'm mixing all the ingredients into the pan.

I turn around to see what they want, which makes me drop the rubber spatula I once had in my hand. There stands Noah with his arm wrapped around Kenji's waist as they both hold up their hands, which both display a silver band with a diamond in the middle on their ring fingers. 

———————————————————————

A/N: I have a really big chemistry test I should be studying for but instead I'm writing y'all a new chapter! Hope you liked it!