Chapter 17- Nevaeh

~Explanations~
•Chapter 17•

"YOU GUYS ARE ENGAGED!" I scream running to them and pulling them into a hug as soon as they nod their heads.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner like the second you fucking walked in?!" I question pulling away and giving them my 'how dare you' glare.

"Because we thought it would be more fun to tell you the news while you were doing something," Noah whispers hiding behind Kenji.

"Fun you say," I answer while bending down to pick up the rubber spatula.

"Ya and it was funny," Kenji answers holding in a laugh which causes me to throw the spatula at him hitting him right across the face making me burst out laughing to the point where there are tears running down my face.

"Where's John and Saiva?" Kenji asks referring to mother and father dearest.

"Probably on a beach across the country," I say as Noah hands me the now-washed spatula.

"What do you mean by that?" Noah asks

"They're rich so they don't care about anyone except for themselves and their son," I answer turning back to the fried rice and stirring it.

"But what about your condition?" Kenji asks

"We pray- even though I don't believe in God, I don't get a seizure while no one is here and die," I say while scooping some rice and taking a bite.

"Gimme some salt," I say pointing to the cabinet.

"Are you staying here?" I ask Noah

"No, we have a house we bought a few months ago which is 20 minutes away from here," he answers

"Wait if you bought a house when did you guys get military discharged?" I asked

"6 months ago," Kenji whispers as I turn off the stove and finish mixing the salt

"And why didn't you tell me?" I ask closing the stove and turning around crossing my arms over my chest.

"We wanted it to be a surprise and we got the keys last week but we had to finish some stuff abroad in the past 6 months so we couldn't find the right time,"

"Okay," I say as I turn back around and transfer the rice to a plate.

"Are you okay?" Noah asks as I finish pouring the rice.

If only you knew.

"Yep, the food is ready can you set the dining table?" I ask them to which Kenji nods and goes to set the table while Noah stays behind.

"What's wrong Nevaeh?" Noah asks making me sigh and put the plate down.

"Nothing I'm just happy you guys are finally back," I say sending him a smile to which he returns.

"Let's go eat big booger I'm fucking starving," I say grabbing the food as he laughs and makes his way to the dining table while I follow.

As I place the food down the doorbell rings.

That's weird no one's supposed to be here.

I excuse myself and make my way to the front door and open it.

"What are you doing here? Did you not see the text?" I ask confused as to why he's here.

"I did but I thought something might have happened to you," Sladen says making me look at him confused

"I'm probably reading too many books-" he groans making me laugh.

"I have some people over but you can come in, we were just about to eat, I mean if you're hungry we can- you can come in only if you want," I ramble a little too much for my liking making him look at me with amusement.

"Sure," he says walking into the house and grabbing my hand as I move out the way.

I lead him into the dining room.

As we enter Noah and Kenji's face goes pale as Sladen's body tenses.

"What are they doing in your house Nevaeh," Sladen asks pulling me closer to him.

"We should be asking her the same thing about you," Noah says

"Well, I guess you guys know each other and I don't have to do an introduction to you guys for who he is but now I'd like to know who the fuck are you two?" I ask realizing if Sladen knows them, some shit ain't fucking adding up.

———————————————————————

A/N: Hehe still not studying 😃