Chapter 20- Nevaeh

~Dead bitch~
•Chapter 20•

"But your only eighteen," I say in shock as I step away from him.

Sladen sighs before closing the stove and moving to the island barstool.

He pats the seat next to him indicating he wants me to sit down.

As I walk over to the barstool I can't help but feel pity for him, as much as I hate it I can't help it. As I sit down he turns the chair so we are facing each other.

He runs his hands down his face and rests them on my knees.

"My father isn't a good man, he only cares for himself," Sladen starts.

I mean I gathered that already.

"He gave me an ultimatum when I turned eighteen, it was either I become the don since he pissed off many people and didn't want to die therefore if he passed it to me I would take the blame and the second choice was that he'd get Arabelle involved in the mafia," he drops his head as if holding eye contact had physically hurt him.

"I've fought so hard to keep Arabelle away from this side of the world, I wasn't going to give up on that now. It was the one thing my mother made me promise before she died," he mutters the last part as if I wasn't supposed to hear it.

"I took the position of don but my father still try's
to control every decision I try and make, he's trying to get me killed and he thinks I haven't realized so I've decided to end him before he can do so to me," he says fidgeting with the rips in my jeans.

I slip my finger under his chin lifting it so he can look at me.

"You deserve better," I mumble as I pull him into a hug.

"I could say the same for you," he says while wrapping his arms around my waist.

"I guess that's something we both have in common," I whisper making him laugh.

We stay in this position until a knock on the door breaks us apart.

"I didn't know you invited people over," Sladen says tucking his hands in his pockets.

That's something he does a lot.

"I didn't," I say confused while walking towards the door.

As I near the door front door I see my brother trying to look in from the glass next to the door. Immediately I turn around and rush to where Sladen is.

As I enter the kitchen I point towards the back door and make my way towards it as Sladen follows.

I open the door and whisper, "my biological brother is here I'll text you later,"

"Are you going to be okay?" Sladen whispers with concern etched onto his voice to which I shoot him a quick thumbs up while shoving him out the door, closing it when he's far enough so it won't hit him.

I walk over to my front door unlocking it.

Silas walks in with his annoying ass presence but I've come to live with it.

"Why are you here," I ask

"This is my house too," he answers making me roll my eyes.

"This isn't my home," I mutter under my breath making sure he couldn't make out what I was saying.

"Anyways mom told me to check on you to see if your okay," he says going into the kitchen.

Oh so now she suddenly cares.

"I'm fine now you know the way out," I say walking towards the kitchen to finish the mixed fried rice I and Sladen had started to make.

"What are you making?" Silas asks with a monster in his hand.

"Like you care to know," I say washing my hands before I resume cutting the veggies.

"I do that's why I'm asking," he says getting more and more irritated by the minute.

"I'm gonna be real with you Silas, you've never cared for me so why the sudden change? I will never forgive or forget- no I already forgot half of it but that's beside the point because all I know is what you put me through was worse than hell so I would rather you go back to being the prick you always were because whatever it is you want you will never get," I say gripping the knife even tighter than before.

"You think you know this little game and that you got everything figured out but you really don't, I will murder you and make sure no one finds your body" he sneers walking towards me making me face him and laugh.

"Have you forgotten? And here I-" I say pausing pointing to knife towards me causing him to stop in his spot, "thought I was the one with memory loss," I point the knife towards him before continuing "I can kill you and sleep peacefully because the fear wouldn't keep me up at night," I say walking towards him with the knife in hand.

"I can stab you, mutilate you, and not have any fear of the consequences or of what I did," I psychotically say reaching him and lifting his chin with the tip of the knife.

"So don't try to threaten me because I won't get scared and you won't win," I say turning away from him.

I feel like a bad bitch.

"Wait until mom and dad find out what you just did," he says making me stop in my spot, I hear him walk out of the room and shortly after the front door slams shut.

I think I'm gonna be a dead bitch now.

—————————————————————————

A/N: I wrote this chapter while skipping class hiding from my teacher in a bathroom stall!

Anyways hope you drank your water, ate you food, and are having a wonderful day!