Chapter 5- Nevaeh

~Wounds that can kill~
•Chapter 5•

It's was three am and Arabelle had just fallen asleep. I knew who Sladen was, I mean everyone does. She understood I knew her family wasn't the nicest.

She explained to me how she isn't involved in the "family business" and how her mother and father wanted her to live a normal life.

Well as normal as someone who will always be linked to the underworld, by blood.

I felt bad for her. Her mother was not sane for she never wanted Sladen to be roped into the underworld but she knew better not to go against his father.

When Sladen began to train to become the next heir of the "family business" she couldn't take the pain of seeing her son coming back all bloody and bruised.

So she killed herself.

Arabella was 5 and Sladen was 6. The only thing they were left with was a note telling them how much she loved them.

I was surprised when Arabella opened up to me. It's not something you'd tell someone you just met, but I feel for her.

She's never had anyone she could tell this to. So when she was given the chance she let it out. Not knowing when to stop.

Yes, she had her brother but only until the age of 6 because once their mother passed he was no longer able to comfort her.

I believe he assumed he had no ability to heal someone when he had no means to heal himself.

They both had a deep wound that they did not care to tend to and when you don't take care of a deep wound, it gets infected until it slowly kills you.

That's what we all have in common.

An untreated wound ready to kill us at any given moment.

God, I've been thinking about how shitty life can be for the past two hours and I have to "wake up" in an hour for fucking school.

Oh yeah, I also found out Sladen goes to school with us.

Thank god he isn't one of those cliché bad boys who skip school to fulfil their bad boy persona.

He actually attends school whenever he isn't caught up with "business" but even when he is caught up with that shit he still finishes his schooling.

He's smart I'll give him that.

But he's still a prick for questioning me right after waking up from getting a gun bashed in my head by some untrained asshole.

I can't call him a dumbass now cause I just fucking called him smart.

I fucking hate myself.

Thanks for the reminder.

"Have you been up this whole time?" Belle's groggy morning voice asks.

"Aww, you look like a smooshed papaya" I state while pinching her face causing her to erupt in laughter and swatting my hands away.

"And you look like a fucking raccoon!" She says taking her fingers and running them over my dark circles causing the both of us to erupt in a fit of laughter.

"I don't want to go to school" I groan into the pillow.

"Well, we have to keep up those grades somehow" she states while grabbing my hands and pulling them to get me off the bed.

As I hit the ground she laughs causing me to get up and hold my back.

"Why would you throw a frail grandma off a bed!" I say adding fake tears before she laughs at me then proceeds to fall because of the blanket I took down with me which causes me to laugh at her.

She gets up with a huff before walking into her bathroom and coming out with a new toothbrush.

"Here you go, it's new," she says as she proceeded to throw it at me.

With my cool ninja moves, I fail miserably at catching it.

45 minutes later...

We got our Outfits on and are now putting on some mascara and lipgloss.

"Wait your mascara is so filling," she says as she looks at my lashes.

I hand her the mascara and touch up the gloss making sure I don't have any on my skin.

I can't be the only one who hates the feeling of lipgloss on anything but my lips.

"Ok, I'm ready let's go," Belle says standing up and grabbing her school bag.

I nod my head and grab mine before following her out of the house.

As we get into the car I turn on the music as we both smile at each other she turns the volume louder.

We stop at Tim Hortons to grab a wrap for breakfast then head to school.

Once we arrived, we were 10 minutes early.

Belle parks her car next to her brother's friends, who were still outside leaning on their cars chatting to one another.

We exit the car and make our way inside the school, ignoring the stares from the other people outside.

Probably another fucking rumour Jana, my ex-best friend, spread about me.

Honestly, I couldn't give a shit.

Good for me I'm a virgin who fucked her brother, who might I add is 23 years old.

I'm 17, that's fucking illegal.

Oh yeah, don't forget we are also a whore!

Oh yes,

Hey y'all, virgin whore at your service.

Jana has fucked more people than... I was about to say me but I haven't fucked anyone and that wouldn't be a good comparison since she's fucked many people.

Do I hate her for hating me?

No.

I'm a bitch I'm just surprised she stayed with me so long. My parents didn't even want to stick with me so I can't expect someone else to.

God, I really need therapy.

And I really need to stop saying god.

———————————————————————