eight - the haunting in the public library

Another morning reached for an embrace as Gabriella Kim opened her slumber-filled eyes on another snowy, yet bright morning.

Not straying too far away from her usual routine, she went out of her room to get herself a cup of coffee. This would then be followed by her morning run that she does for about an hour.

It's been four days since she encountered Yuzuru out on the streets having a morning run like she was, and other than that nothing new has really gone on in her whole stay in Canada. After having her morning run, she went straight to the apartment she shared with Joanna and decided to prepare breakfast for her like she did the previous day.

Through knowing Joanna in a day, one might not be able to see how busy and hardworking she is but know her for even just three days, and you'll begin to see how much she tires herself out from her job. That being said, Gabriella really wanted to be as much of assistance to her as possible, after all, Joanna has helped her get around Canada for the short time that she was there.

Yesterday, Gabriella made a simple omelet for Joanna, plainly because eggs were the first thing that she found on her fridge. However, she really wants to step it up today. There were a lot of options to choose from, but she decided that it would be easiest to make pancakes. After all, she also wanted to have pancakes as her breakfast.

By the time Joanna woke up, she was greeted with the smell of freshly made pancakes and coffee. Beginning by inhaling the scent of the food, she then started to eat her breakfast especially as she had so many things lined up for the day.

"This is actually so good. Are you going to cook for me again tomorrow?" Joanna asked as she put a portion of her pancake in her mouth.

"Sure. Do you have anything you want to have as breakfast?" Gabriella replied to Joanna as she took a sip of her coffee.

"Can you make that omelet from yesterday again? It's actually so good I was thinking about it while on a meeting." Joanna replied.

"Sure. It's very easy to make so it'll definitely make my work easier." Gabriella happily replied.

A few seconds of silence just filled the space between them, but eventually, Gabriella had a favor to ask from Joanna.

"Can you drive me to the public library today?" She kindly asked.

"I can do that, yeah. Is there any reason why you want to go there?" Joanna replied.

"Well, what other reason would a person have to go to a library, Joanna?" Gabriella jokingly asked.

"Okay, that was kind of a stupid question," Joanna said, laughing out loud. Gabriella then laughed along with her.

"Seriously though, I just wanted to see how different books here and in Korea are. I am a sucker for literature, and I believe that different countries would probably hold books unique to their country." Gabriella explained.

"Okay, I'll drive you. I must say. You didn't pass me up as the type of person who liked reading." Joanna replied with a small smile.

"It's not the first time I heard that actually. For some reason, many people say I don't seem like someone who reads books during their pastimes." Gabriella laughed. "But I do. I actually enjoy it a lot."