thirty-four - to the surface (1)

- one week after -

Training went as planned. As the days leading up to the championships were nearing, the whole team had one goal in mind, and that was to train with all they could.

We're they tired? Definitely.

Having to run for so many hours to train your body to move freely was not an easy thing to do. It's taxing and it will leave you breathless by the end of the day. However, that moment lasted shorter than everyone had thought. Perhaps they were just getting used to it for a whole week until it finally ended.

They'd still have their regular pacing and warm-up every day, but jogging didn't take as long as three to four hours as it did for the past week.

It was a moment to breathe, though they were now on the lengths of training their footwork and their team competencies.

After long hours of training their techniques and legwork, the day would close out with a game within the team. On the second day that this happened, Jung was the one who would choose whom she wanted to have a match with.

Her teammates were rather silent, but they had judging eyes. Her reputation preceded her, and they always found it unjust that she was able to qualify for the national team despite what she did.

Ironically, even though Gabriella was the victim of the whole situation, she was the only one who wanted to know what exactly was running through Jung's head at the time. She didn't know why she didn't just get upset or mad. Why didn't she just accept that maybe all those years Jung just secretly hated her until she finally snapped? She wanted to know why. She wanted an explanation.

...

And perhaps, that explanation was coming to her earlier than she expected.

With a racket in hand, Jung walked closely to where Gabriella and her group of close teammates sat. Jung's gaze was not misleading. Her eyes were set on Gabriella, and there was nothing to say otherwise.

What is she doing?

Gabriella's thoughts ran wild. Other than that question, there was nothing else on her mind. She couldn't think, somehow she was in a state of panic.

As Jung got closer and picked up her pace, Gabriella's teammates stood in front of her, before Jung could get so close to her.

"Get out of my way." Jung sternly said.

At this moment, the other people on the team were wondering why the overseeing coach was not interfering. They even tried to get his attention, but he just chose to ignore it.

"I said get out of my way," Jung repeated once more. This time with a louder tone.

They weren't going to let Jung through, and they were making that clear with the words they were telling her. This argument was making Gabriella rivet internally. Sometime soon, she was annoyed by it.

"It's fine." She spoke, placing her hand on the shoulder of one of her teammates who was strongly against letting Jung near her.

Gabriella then looked at Jung with a sharp gaze."What do you want, Jung? You finally want to talk to me?" She asked.

By this time, those who were around them gave them space, but just enough so they could still help Gabriella if ever Jung decides to go ballistic once more.