twenty-seven - the calm before the storm

The sound of various people talking was what woke Gabriella Kim from her deep slumber. It was a good thing that she has caught wind of herself and woken up because they were just a few minutes away from Korea. As she grasped her environment, she felt a heavy pressure on her shoulder. A reflexive curiosity found its way to her, and she immediately found the reason behind the weight she felt. She chuckled to herself upon seeing Yuzuru still sound asleep, his head comfortably placed on her shoulder.

"This is a good sight to wake up to," Gabriella uttered with a smile.

She couldn't help but observe his features. He had a sweet set of eyes, he looked so calm and peaceful. It was almost as if looking into paradise. His hair was slightly disheveled, but he still looked so attractive despite it. He was truly beautiful, no one can deny that. His aura was strong that he just makes you want to curl up and explode with emotion. At that juncture, Gabriella felt her heart beating fast, and her cheeks tingling with sensation. She wanted to run her hands through his hair, and even caress his cheeks, she was quite proud that she was able to control herself. She shook her head, trying to shake off the giddiness that was filling her up. Because of her movement, Yuzuru slowly opened his eyes.

It didn't take him long to realize where his head was resting, and as he did realize, he looked at Gabriella who was smiling shyly at him. Seeing the corners of her mouth lifted, a few seconds of sparks woke him up even more. It was as if adrenaline came rushing in.

He would never brand himself as a bad speaker, as he always almost knew what to say, but when he's faced with her and all the simple little glamours of her smile and her personality, he always seems to be at a loss for words. In his eyes, she was breathtaking and out of this world, that you just can't do anything else but stay silent and appreciate what treasures her little actions held.

"Good morning." She spoke as her smile got wider. "How was your sleep?" She then implored.

Yuzuru sighed with a delighted tone, "It was comfortable. I slept so well."

"I hope your shoulder doesn't ache that much." He patted her shoulder continuously as he spoke.

Gabriella chuckled slightly, "Your head is actually very light, so I was also very comfortable."

She tilted her head slightly as she spoke. Endearment filled her and it embodied itself in her smile and her diction.

"Oh, we're almost landing I think. So we should probably start preparing ourselves." She spoke as she had just remembered.

Yuzuru looked out the window for a bit, then he looked back at Gabriella with a beam on his face.

"I think you're right. Okay, let me fix my things." He happily replied as he began checking and assessing his belongings.

At the same pace, Gabriella also browsed and fixed her things, making sure that she wasn't going to leave anything essential to her.

...

After a while, they landed, and they were set to walk out of the plane.

"Are you going straight to your parents?" Yuzuru asked Gabriella as they were patiently waiting for their turn to exit the plane.

"Yeah, I am." She simply answered.

Yuzuru smiled as he replied, "Ah, okay. I see. Oh, don't forget to send me the address, okay?"