twenty-six - sweet little things

With the winds slowly coming to be more gentle, and the butterflies swiveling into comfort, these two who have proudly said their pieces for each other in a semi-crowded airport, slowly drifted off their embrace.

Comfortable was how they felt as they pulled away from each other's warmth. For them, it felt quite wonderful to finally release certain emotions that they've been carrying for a while.

Though silence now filled their tongues after such an eventful encounter, their thoughts were loud and running through.

Throughout the silence, they'd occasionally look at each other, trying to find what words were the right ones to utter.

With a soft beam and a curious gesture on his face, Yuzuru asked,

"So, what do we do now?" He gently said with a delicate chuckle.

Gabriella smiled back at him, "Well... to be honest, I'm not sure. I'm not really an expert with things like these." She told him.

"To be honest, me too." He softly laughed. "I guess in that case, we should take this slow and cautiously."

Gabriella nodded her head in a happy juncture. "I was actually going to say the same thing.  After all, we only met a few months ago, let's take our time and get to know each other better." She smiled as she spoke.

No words were uttered for a few seconds, however, Yuzuru expressed his affirmation through the demeanor of his eyes and through the way his smile got wider.

Every time they finish a conversation, things between them become a little silent, but it's nothing uncomfortable. If anything, it's a silence that feels rather exciting and comforting at the same time.

...

Gabriella looked at her watch to check the time, they had told each other a lot of things, but there was still a lot of time left to wait.

"Are you feeling hungry?" She asked Yuzuru as she spotted a small cafe near the eating area.

"Not really, I can say I'm just a little parched," Yuzuru replied after thinking about it for a few seconds.

"Oh, I see. I'll buy a donut for myself. How about you, what would you like to drink?" Gabriella rummaged through her bag to find her wallet as she asked him.

When she found it, she looked back at Yuzuru to see him smiling with cheeky intent.

She stopped for a second, trying to discern what Yuzuru was going to say.

It only took a short amount of time for her to realize what probably came over his mind,

"Oh, you were going to ask for a bottle of water, weren't you?" She told him.

It seemed as though she was right, as he replied with a tiny laugh.

"Every time you'd talk about drinks, I'm always going to remember how we met over a bottle of water," Yuzuru said as he reminisced those moments. He was just out jogging and waiting for a friend, perhaps over-exerting himself, and suddenly over a bottle of water, he met someone whom he never knew would mean so much to him.