twenty-one - for the peak of success

"I was just trying to get him some water, Joanna. You and your mind..." Gabriella shook her head repeatedly, refusing to look Joanna in the eyes as she tried to explain whatever situation it was that Joanna went home to. While in the matter, Yuzuru was in the background drinking the water that was 'meant' for him.

"Whatever you say, Gabriella," Joanna replied with a sly grin on her face. She then turned to look at Yuzuru and waved her arms, "It's nice seeing you, Yuzuru Hanyu." After her greeting, she just went inside her room with a smile confidently stamped on her face. She didn't even wait for Yuzuru to respond to her greeting. She just entered her room and stayed there for a while.

Gabriella approached Yuzuru shyly, not sure how to properly begin a conversation after that awkward encounter.

They just looked at each other for a while, both of them struggling to hold their laughs to themselves as they kept on staring at each other. Eventually, Yuzuru caved in and was the first to release his laughter.

The laughing was contagious enough that eventually, Gabriella also caved in to the laughter. "Okay. Okay. You actually need to go back to the rest house now." Gabriella said amid her laughter. Yuzuru had already spent most of his day with her, so she at least wanted him to have a good rest before his training the following day.

"Yeah... I should head out." Yuzuru replied, his laughter also calming down until there was none of it left. As he finished drinking, he placed the cup he drank out of on the sink and even washed it.

"You could have just let me do that," Gabriella remarked with a tone of annoyance, but she was smiling as she watched Yuzuru ignore her. "You'll also be at training tomorrow, I can't possibly tire out your hands which are so precious to your sport." He replied as he put the glass cup through the running water. "I mean, good point, but washing one glass cup shouldn't affect my performance that much. Gosh, have a little bit more faith in me." Gabriella rolled her eyes in pretentious disappointment. "Shhhh. Just let me wash it. Anyway, it's already done." He told her as he set the cup in the drying area.

"Now that I'm done with that, I'll be leaving." He walked to the couch to get his bag as he told spoke. "Mhmm. I'll walk you out of the complex." Gabriella said to him. "No need, I can manage." He quickly replied to her as he waved his arms in disagreement. "No. No. I insist and you can't stop me." Gabriella persuasively retorted. And since this was Gabriella, there was no point in arguing because she won't ever give up on it. All he could do at that moment was to smile in a lot of endearment.

As planned, Gabriella walked Yuzuru out of the complex. "We might not see each other for a while, but I'll make sure my support reaches you wherever you are," Gabriella uttered softly in the midst of the cold wind. Her arms were crossed behind her, a little conflicted about what she said. Yuzuru looked at her and smiled gently, "I'll make sure my support reaches you as well. Let's have a good playing season, okay?", he told her. "Of course." She chuckled as the words left her mouth. Still, with a smile on his face, Yuzuru turned around and walked for a few seconds, then he turned back to Gabriella and approached her again. "When you feel nervous, just know that there are a lot of people who are rooting for you, myself included. You're a courageous person, and I know you know that. " He uttered as his last few words to her for the day. Warmly, Gabriella grinned towards his way. "I'll remember your input, Hanyu. Good luck to the both of us." She uttered once more, bringing a smile out of Yuzuru's face. They looked at each other with their eyes saying everything that words couldn't even attempt. Whether it may be a consolation or heed of good luck, it was all in the emotions that they sang out.