thirty-nine - how far do we go?

Wake up.

Something in Gabriella's mind continued to haunt her.

Wake up.

There it goes again.

The ever-so-silent morning, suddenly turned into a loud environment as Gabriella started to realize the disturbing ringing of her alarm clock. It was also joined by the countless alarms that she had set on her phone. She made sure she would be able to wake up early considering that it was a very important day for her.

As the ringing got louder and harder to manage, she eventually had no choice but to stand up and turn every loud sound off.

She looked at her phone to check the time and she realized that it was too early for her to be up. However, even if she tried hard to go back to sleep, there was just no going back to a good slumber after she had blasted her ears with several forms of alarms.

For a while, she just laid flat on her bed, trying to see if she can somehow fall asleep, but no matter what she did, she just couldn't do it. When only an hour was left before her designated time of getting up, she decided that it would be better to just stand up already rather than take up all her time doing nothing.

It was still dark out, but there was a bit of light beginning to peek out from the skies. She decided she would walk around for a bit. Perhaps try to deeply take in the air.

She enjoyed simple mornings like this. Just being able to walk around and see things without distractions, without noise.

However, as ironic as that thought came to her mind a small sound erupted from her phone. She quickly stopped in her tracks and felt for her phone in her pocket.

"Could it be from Yuzuru?" She asked herself as she quickly scrolled to get to her messages.

As soon as she saw the message she received, she couldn't help but laugh maniacally on her own. If one were to see her at this very moment, they would think that she's lost it. Even Gabriella seemed to be thinking the same about herself as well.

"Ah... Gabriella-shi. Pabo-yah." She said to herself while laughing. She had expected the message to be from Yuzuru, but it was just her sim plan telling her about a promo.

"He wouldn't message at this hour, you dummy." She muttered to herself as she scrolled through the long plan message. "He would still be sleeping at this time." She just kept talking to herself as she laughed.

As a realization flashed in her mind, her laughter suddenly stopped. She tightly held her chest with a confused look on her face.

"What am I doing?" She asked herself in a more stern tone, however, she was feeling crazy and stirred inside.

"What—Am I seriously waiting for his messages now?" She asked herself as she hastily put her phone away.

"Gabriella Kim, what is up with you?" She asked herself once more as this feeling was very new to her.

For the past few days since Yuzuru's competition, he would call her and even send her messages of encouragement. Gabriella was quite appalled to discover Yuzuru's love of spamming emojis with his messages. Moreover, he sent encouragement in a very unique way which always seemed to make Gabriella's day better.