twenty-four - until fate decides for us

"Why did you suddenly call? Is there something wrong?" I asked, intending to remain calm despite my excitement.

"I wanted to hear your voice again. It's been a while." Yuzuru answered me. "By the way, are you busy this evening?" He asked before I could say another word.

"Well, the tournament just came to an end, so I don't really have anything to do. My coach also decided to cancel our training today... well it's more of he messaged me on how I should rest after today's event." I thought about it and laughed. "But yes, I am free today." I finally answered.

There was no response for a few seconds, but eventually, he spoke. "Okay! I'm waiting for you outside the center." He uttered. Coming from my end, his voice was kind of muffled. It seems as if he was covering his mouth or something.

Wait. What the heck did he just say? He's outside the center?

"What did you just—" I asked as I turned towards the entrance of the place.

And sure enough, he was right next to the reception area, waving his hand at me as he held his bag on the other. He was wearing his training jacket. He looked so good in it. Even if I've attended quite a few of his practices, I've only actually seen him wearing his team jacket at least two times. What a fine creature... goodness.

"How did you even—" I was going to ask, but apparently, he already knew what was going to come out of my mouth as he answered. "Your friend told me you were here, and I wanted to see you."

Joanna.

"I actually ran into her a while ago. She manages the contracts of some of my teammates so I approached her and she told me that you'd be here today. I asked her if I could come to you instead of her, and she agreed quicker than I expected." He was very enthusiastic as he shared his encounter. He'd look up every now and then, probably questioning Joanna's choices the way I often do. He looks very adorable when he's confused and curious. His eyebrows raise and his lips form into a pout. That was part of the reason why I was either laughing or smiling as he told his story.

"Nevertheless, I'm glad to see you again... " I watched him smile as he heard my response. We were still on a call even if he was a few steps away from me.

"We should end the call, don't you think?" I uttered with a laugh as I began to walk in his direction.

"Oh, yeah. We should." He laughed as I watched him put the phone down. I too, put down my phone and put it in my pocket. I then picked up the pace and approached Yuzuru with much excitement.

"Hi, again." I happily remarked as I stood in front of him.

"Hello." He simply replied with an innocent smile.

A grin touched the corners of my lips as I was unable to bear his little expressions. "Are we just going to greet each other?" I cheekily asked him. If he said yes, I wouldn't mind. Even the little things about him are worth appreciating.

"No, don't worry. There's a place I reserved for us to go to. It's a very short walk and it's very simple, but I think you'll like it." He reassured.

"Alright. Lead the way." I said to him as I gestured for him to go in front of me and bring me to wherever place it was he reserved.