thirty-one - make the best out of it

With a quiet cloud looming over the bright day, only the rusted footsteps of Gabriella and Yuzuru could be heard as they made their way back to the house. Their walking pace was rather slow, to be frank, everything about them was slow.

He had his eyes laced on her as she walked to the house, a few steps in front of him. There was an irking expression on his face as he watched her struggling and slowed walking. Perhaps she has now begun to feel the strain of her long running, nevertheless, she continued walking.

"Are you going to tell your parents about it?" Yuzuru asked as he continued walking with her. Gabriella grinned with a deep sigh. She then turned her head to look at Yuzuru and shook her head.

"You've seen my parents yesterday. Their smiles were priceless. They were genuinely happy. It's been a while since I saw them that way." She spoke, her feet still gracing the textured ground. "In other words, I don't want to take that away from them. At least not now when they have just begun to wake their smiles again." She spoke softly, her eyes still on their house which was just a few more steps away from them.

"I see." Yuzuru simply replied, not having anything else to say or ask.

Once again, their walk was silent. It wasn't awkward, it never was. Even moments spent in silence felt like a comforting hug whenever they are with each other.

Eventually, they reached the house. As they were gone for quite a bit, Gabriella's parents were already awake by the time they got back.

Before they both entered the house, Gabriella looked at Yuzuru with a light smile. Frankly, he understood what that smile had meant.

Both of them acted very normally as if Gabriella had never received crushing news or Yuzuru has never known of the crushing news. They just acted happily and well, still as respectful and lively as they were the night before.

Besides Gabriella's dirtied pants and the bandage on her foot, she looked... fine. There was nothing to say that she had a lot on her mind, so naturally, her parents welcomed her in, asking her where she's gone from. Then they saw Yuzuru behind her, and immediately, their eyes turned all bright. They loved seeing them together. Having that in mind, puts all their worries aside.

Gabriella's parents told her to clean herself up first as they finished preparing breakfast, they then told Yuzuru to sit down, as her father grabbed him a glass of water.

"Thank you." Yuzuru respectfully uttered, bowing his head slightly as he received the glass of water. With a remark that they had to return to the kitchen, Gabriella's parents immediately left Yuzuru to finish their cooking. By that time, Gabriella was on her way to the bathroom to do as her parents says. She had quickly gone up to her room to get a change of clothes, which for this situation was finally her national uniform and her training gear.

From where Yuzuru was sat, he could hear whenever the water would stop from the bathroom. Every now and then, when the shower would stop running, he'd look at the. door, wondering if Gabriella has finished her bath. For about ten times he kept repeating this gesture, and for about ten times, he was misled.

He rested his head on the sofa he was sitting at, telling himself repeatedly that he had nothing to worry about. However, despite his countless attempts to get her situation off his mind, he just couldn't. He was deeply concerned about her. Yes, she wasn't fragile or that type of person that would do something stupid, but either way, he was worried about her.