Chp.2

-AUTHOR POV-

Later that day, Mary rushes home from work and coding wait to tell her parents that she finally has her own superpowers. She then arrived home and yet Debbie was setting up dinner already...

Mary: Hey mom, smells good.

Debbie: Welcome home sweetie, I made chicken. How's work?

Mary: Work was good, and hehe...I think I had a pretty interesting day at work as well.

Then, Nolan with his super speed arrive home as well as he kisses Debbie...

Nolan: Sorry I'm late, a dragon was attacking Hong Kong, I stopped it.

Debbie: That's good honey, but hey, Mary was about to tell us about her interesting day.

Nolan: Really? What is it sweetie?

Mary: ...Guess who finally got her powers?? This girl! Hehe!

Nolan: ...Are you sure?

Mary: Pretty sure...threw a trash bag at space, during work on closing time.

Debbie was very happy for Mary...but Nolan on the other hand...isn't as he felt...worried and yet...wasn't happy at all...but Debbie had to make sure he doesn't ruin Mary's moment as she lands a soft kick to his leg under the table...

Nolan: Oh! That's great pumpkin, just great! If you're up for it, I can set up a training time tomorrow morning.

Debbie: This is good news honey!

Nolan: Right, make sure you gee some good beauty sleep for tomorrows big day!

Mary: Heh, for sure! Oh, hey dad?

Nolan: Yes sweetie?

Mary: ...How was (YN)'s father? I mean I know was a superhero, but what kind of hero was he??

Nolan stood quiet...and yet looks down as if he felt...a bit guilt...Debbie places her hand onto his...

Debbie: Mary, it's best to not tell him about it...please, it upsets your father about it, please don't ask why just...your father has always blame himself about that terrible event.

Mary: ...O-Okay. Sorry..

Mary can see into her fathers eyes, he felt guilty about it...and then again...she also felt bad for (YN) as well...

-LATER-

Later that night, Mary has fallen asleep, but then again couldn't sleep at all as she couldn't wait to rest her powers out...she wanted to try them out badly...and wants to become like her father, a hero.
.
.
She remembers back then when she was 13, when her father told her about who he actually is and where did he come from...Nolan isn't like normal dads, nor he isn't like the people here from earth...She remembers her dad telling her a story of him of where he is from, millions of miles from earth, deep in space, he grew up in another planet, Viltrum, he was born on that planet, and yet there were people like Nolan, but not like the ones on earth, the people on Viltrum can fly, move at super speed and posses great strength like Nolan, when they grow on their age, they are sent in different planted through the galaxy to help others, using their abilities to help, Nolan has volunteer to relocate at earth to help and be its soul protector...and that's when he met Debbie, and eventually had Mary. And to top it all that...Mary is half Viltrum, the more older she gets through puberty, her powers will debut any moment...which she already did.
.
.
.

-The Next Morning-

The next morning, Mary was already asleep, and her alarm was going on as she wakes up and sets it off...she started rubbing her eyes and to get off from her bed...she then looks out the window, looking at the sky...