Chp.17

-AUTHOR POV-

That day after the horrible incident against Machine Head, some of the guardians were beaten up badly and horribly wounded, and some only had minor wounds, as for Invincible and SuperBoy, both were wounded badly from Battle Beast, as for SuperBoy, he didn't knew what had happen to him back there, he suddenly has went weak from his fight with Battle Beast...what makes it more weird is that it happen to him the second time, the first time happen was the day he tried to save his father from whoever killed him...at GDA headquarters, the guardians that were badly wounded and need medical treatment were egging the help they need, and with Robot's help, he was there for Monster Girl, who he has been caring for her ever since she joined...Monster Girl and Black Samson were in critical risk of surgery, but so far they made it out, as for SuperBoy, he need surgery too, and yet nothing bad, only a open wound and chest which was a little problem, but manage to succeed the surgery...but as for Mary...her broken bones from Battle Beast were horrible, the fact she's gotten beaten up way worst than SuperBoy, she needed a lot of surgery for that...then, Debbie and Nolan came and got the call from what happen, and by the looks of it, Debbie was upset at Nolan for not being there for Mary and saving her not helping her...Nolan felt bad...but then again...he had to prove a point about Mary doing wrong decisions....
.
.
.

-6 DAYS LATER-

Days later....Everything was black...u til a voice was heard, and was getting louder and louder...and yet, Mary was suddenly waking up surprisingly and Debbie relief about it...

Mary: Mom...?

Debbie: Mary! Oh thank goodness.

Nolan: Knew you would pull off.

Debbie: ....

Mary: H-How long was i-

Nolan: 6 days.

Mary: Wh-What?! N-No, that can't be. Wait, wheres (YN)?! I-Is he okay?! Please tell me he is!

Debbie: ...(YN)-

Nolan: I don't think (YN) will make it.

Debbie: Nolan!

Mary: Wh-What?!! Dad, a-are you serious?!

Nolan: I'd say I'm joking, but I'm not, the way I see it, he's not gonna make it after what happen to him, he's beaten up badly, real bad.

Mary: N-No...that's can't be...he can't-

Nolan: Mary, I'm sorry but it is what it is-

Debbie: Nolan, stop saying nonsense!

Nolan: What? I'm saying the truth, besides, even the doctors said-

(YN): Heard my name, is everything alright?

(YN) then appeared in the room...

Mary: (YN)!

(YN): Mary!

(YN) rush up to Mary and to hug her...Mary was happy to see him okay and well...

(YN): I'm glad you're okay.

Mary: I'm glad you're okay as well...how are you?