39

It was finally finished! Beast Boy held up his completed project, proud of what he had accomplished. When Terra had stayed in Titan's tower, Beast Boy had made Terra a heart shaped box with a mirror in it. Beast Boy remembers the memory with disgust.

It had made him rethink everything once she had left. He felt broken and hurt, because he liked her! Now that she was back, Beast Boy didn't feel any of that now. All he wanted was Raven.

Terra had only been a crush and crushes only end up crushing. Terra did just that. Not just metaphorically, quite literally too. Her rock powers were beyond crushing. All of those crush feelings he had towards Terra were gone entirely.

Beast Boy was glad Terra was back, because everyone should have a home and a place to belong, but he didn't quite have the feelings he had for her that he had in the past anymore and he didn't really want her around anymore either.

If anything, he was worried she'd pull another move to leave the Titans. He was also worried about Raven and Terra's arguing. Raven did not like Terra at all, and it was obvious to Beast Boy, but he couldn't figure it all out.

Beast Boy sets the box he had been working on back on his desk in his messy room, examining his handy work. Then a head peeked in his door.

"Hey BB! Come out and play already!" Cyborg shouts.

Beast Boy turns around, startled, and tries his best to block the box he had been working on. He didn't want Cyborg to see it.

Cyborg is ignorant to Beast Boy's actions and holds up a controller. "Come on man!"

Cyborg and Beast Boy sat on the couch playing their games when Raven walked into the room, floating over to the kitchen counters. She felt exhausted, but mentally refreshed. She couldn't sleep much last night. She felt heartbroken that she had lost the only person she had ever loved.

It was seven in the morning and the team had had a busy day of training today. Raven planned to avoid most of the training today as she didn't want to overexert the energy, she had left in her.

The team was disappointed, but Raven didn't care, she had bigger things to be worrying about. She was thinking about moving out. She couldn't bear to see Terra and Beast Boy together any longer. Moving away seemed to be the only answer. 

Raven pours herself hot tea in a mug, and sips it slowly, closing her eyes. If only she could freeze time.

"Good morning friends!" Starfire announces as she flies into the room and up next to Raven. "I had the best of dreams last night!"

Raven looks at Star a bit annoyed. She uses her magic to pull out a book from a black hole in the counter and sips her herbal tea as she does so. Raven floats with the book in front of her, sitting on the far side of the room.

"Sorry not now, Star!" Beast Boy replies, focusing on the game. Today was the day! Beast Boy could just feel the victory within reach.

Cyborg and Beast Boy continue their game. The score was so close, it was anybody's game. "Booyah!" Cyborg shouts excitedly. The game ends and Beast Boy slumps in defeat.

Robin enters the room, walking over to the kitchen where Star was. "What was your dream about, Star?" Star grins, happy that at least someone cared. She talks to Robin, explaining her delightful dream. Robin admires her.

After their match, Cyborg goes into the kitchen to dig in the fridge. Beast Boy goes back to his room, remembering his gift he had made and was going to deliver earlier. He hadn't had the chance to yet and it was becoming unbelievably frustrating. He was just going to do it now. Raven had already left the kitchen and Beast Boy suspected she had gone to her room.

Beast Boy takes a deep breath, before he walks down the hall. He could feel his heart begin to pound faster with each step he took towards Raven's room. He wasn't quite sure if he had enough courage, but as long as he could knock on the door, Beast Boy knew he could do it.

As he walked, a figure steps towards him from the other end of the hall. As they got closer, Beast Boy swallowed hard. "Oh hey."

"Hi babe!" Terra smiles. "Awh, you were coming to see me?"

"Well uh-- actually-" Beast Boy scratches his head as Terra looks down at the box he was holding.

Terra cuts him off. "Did you make another one for me? Awwwhh Beast Boy you're so sweet!" Terra smiles, blushing.

Beast Boy looks down at box he was carrying in his left hand. He had spent way more time making this than he did on Terra's gift, but this wasn't for her.

Just then a cloak comes into view from behind Beast Boy. Raven glides next to Beast Boy, floating towards her room. She avoids eye contact, guessing she was wrong. Beast Boy still liked Terra. Maybe he only cared about her as a friend in the first place, why had she gotten her hopes up?

"Rae?" A voice says from behind her. Raven stops in her tracks, not turning for a short moment. As she faces Beast Boy, Terra flips around, with surprise, glancing at Raven with a glare.

Raven keeps a straight face, she doesn't say a word.

Beast Boy wasn't sure if he had the guts now. Raven was there, staring into his soul, and her gaze startled him. He couldn't find the words. Beast Boy looks at Terra, who is still looking at Raven, but Beast Boy can see the tension between the two.

"Whatdoya think?" Beast Boy smiles, holding up the box as if on display. It was all he could manage to get out. Raven stares at it emotionless. There was something inside, and she guessed it was a present to Terra.

"It's the thought that counts." Raven replies. "I bet she'll love it." Raven turns back around and continues to float to her room. She could feel her eyes well up with tears. Her heart had broken into a million pieces. She had to muster everything within her to say those words. She felt so sad and lonely, and unlovable. Nobody understood her, nobody ever would.

Beast Boy puts up a hand, reaching out for Raven, but she was obviously too far away for him to reach. "So, can I open it?" Terra asks, excitedly. Beast Boy turns his attention back to Terra, frustrated as Raven slowly disappears.

This wasn't supposed to happen! Terra wasn't supposed to be here, and Raven was supposed to be in her room. Beast Boy was hoping to just leave his gift near her door, knock, and then disappear before she could see him. He didn't have the guts to ask her face to face.

Either way now, Beast Boy was upset that Raven hadn't realized by now that he liked her. Beast Boy didn't care about the face to face now, all he cared about was Raven and her feelings. He wanted to make sure she was okay, despite his fear. She was his everything and he could see the pain in her eyes when she had answered his question.

Beast Boy ignores Terra's presence and begins to chase after Raven. "Rae!"