32

Things were looking up for Raven now that she didn't have to worry about her father destroy the earth. She didn't have to worry about losing her friends either, they had stuck by her side until the end. She found that they loved her no matter what.

Raven felt at peace. Her friends didn't hate her and she felt comfortable and happy knowing that she had chosen to be a hero.

The days following the prophecy were quiet and calm. The team relaxed and took time for themselves. Raven was just waking up from a long, refreshing sleep.

It was early in the morning, roughly 7:34, and Raven was determined to tidy her space now that she didn't have to stress about finding a solution in one of her books. Raven yawns, shifting in her covers. The sun peeked through the slits of her blinds, sending lines of shimmering rays of light around her room.

Raven's vanity took particularly most of the light as it was opposite of the window. It had three books stacked together. The labels on the books were tea recipes, weightloss, and a history book Raven thought might help her in controlling her powers.

Next to those books were Raven's classic mirror she had occasionally used for meditations, one dark purple bottle of perfume labeled starlight, and a hair brush. Raven's vanity drawers to sloppy and unorganized.

She had makeup in one drawer, and the other had some hair products, some had fallen to the floor. Raven had clothes laying around and one of her cloaks on her ottoman.

A knock at the door has Raven rubbing her eyes and tilting her head towards the door. Raven puts her blankets over her face, she wasn't much of a morning person anymore. With her father gone, it became so much easier to control her powers. She only needed to meditate every now and then to recenter herself.

Expecting the person to leave, Raven ignores their second knock and lifts a hand to close her curtains with her aura. All the rays of light suddenly vanish, and Raven happily seeps into her bed with comforting pillows and the warmth of her covers. She was determined to sleep for another hour or two.

Beast Boy had gone into the kitchen early that morning, he was excited to start the day. When he entered to living room, he found Cyborg on the couch playing one of his competitive games. Cyborg had his elbows on his knees and was leaning forward towards the screen in hopes it would help him play better.

The blinds were open and the sun shines into the space, there were no lights necessary to see but the morning light. Beast Boy walks into the kitchen, the counters were cluttered with left over chip bags, snacks, a few wrappers, and a whole bunch of dirty plates stacked here and there. There was kitchen prep items such as a cutting board and knives on one counter, and the blender had been left out and used. There were remnants of a smoothie inside and the cord hung off the counter.

The smell was beyond even Beast Boy and the floor was littered in crumbs. Beast Boy immediately gets to work as his stomach growls. As he cleans, he thinks of the day ahead, excited to see Raven. He wondered what might be in store for the day when an idea comes to mind.

After cleaning up and tossing dishes into the dishwasher, Beast Boy jumps over to the team's computer system, grabbing Cyborg's attention. Cyborg pauses his game. "Morning B, what're you doing?"

If it involved computers then it involved Cyborg. He was adamant about making sure everyone used his tech with care. He walks over with suspicion. Beast Boy never used this computer. What was his intentions?

"I uhh--" Beast Boy starts uncomfortably. Cyborg was now looming over him with his arms crossed. Then Beast Boy becomes defensive. "None of your business."

"It is my business if it involves my tech."

Beast Boy swivels around in the computer chair to face Cyborg. "Fine, I want to do something nice for Raven. Don't tell her I told you this, but she's kind of developed an eating disorder.. I want to make her breakfast, I don't want her skipping meals anymore." Beast Boy stops himself from admitting anything else. The moment that he had caught Raven after she fell from defeating Trigon was fresh in his mind and he could bare the thought of losing Raven to starvation. He was determined to take care of her.