_Seven (2007.5)

*For this story's purposes, we will make the 2008 financial crisis happen in 2007*

While Elizabeth and Philip's 60th wedding anniversary is coming up, the royal firm is planning another wedding of the century. The wedding of William and Catherine is scheduled to happen in late October, 2007. In five months. 

However, at the other side of the world, in the US, situations are getting a bit out of hand. The financial crisis caused by people taking on loans they couldn't afford is affecting not only these people but everybody. 

The International Monetary Fund (IMF) issued a warning in early April that the financial crisis might spread beyond the subprime mortgage industry. It warns that worldwide damages might be in the billions of dollars.

The Fed then lowered interest rates again at the end of the month, this time by 25 basis points to 2%. Meanwhile, the Fed stepped up its efforts to boost liquidity by providing additional loans to financial institutions and expanding the sorts of assets that can be used as collateral for such loans.

The impact of the financial crisis on the UK economy was greater than in other nations. This was due to a number of variables that were unique to the United Kingdom. 

The UK's economy relied on financial services, real estate, and retail sales for growth because it lacked a strong industrial foundation. This expansion lacked substance since it was based on a high-risk credit borrowing and lending bubble that broke in 2007. 

The rippling effects of the financial crash struck these three industries the worst. In the end, this meant that when housing values plummeted and credit sources dried up, the UK economy suffered greatly. The massive negative impact on the UK economy would have a number of long-term ramifications including, but not limited to, bank losses, bankruptcies, and joblessness.

Some day in early May, Her Majesty summoned a bunch of her advisor within the British Parliament to discuss the urgent issue. She was concerned for her country and wanted to know how she could possibly help.

They advised her that there is little she could do to help, but this is indeed a chance to boost the royal family's image of their consideration for its people. 

"Your Majesty, we should consider reducing the budget without actually doing it," The Queen's most trusted PR manager, Peter Huggins, suggested with a tint of wickedness.

"Interesting, how so?" 

Peter knew he got her full and undivided attention.

"Have you thought about the possibility of delaying William and Catherine's wedding?"

"No, I believe they are all fit to marry, and are you suggesting to me that they should not marry?"

"No, I dare not think so. I have seen the lady, she's quite lovely, and the girl Adelaide of course. But, Your Majesty, consider this: they will marry sooner or later, but this is a chance for us to tell the people that there would not be extra taxes is such a difficult time. It is a once-in-a-lifetime crisis, it is also a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Your Majesty, I believe you are wise."

"This is not of no possibility, but I need to chat with them (William and Catherine)."

Peter is smart enough to know that this means his words have truly tugged her heartstrings.

_

Monday 28th May, 2007

THE WEDDING OF PRINCE WILLIAM OF WALES AND MISS CATHERINE MIDDLETON WILL BE DELAYED

Due to considerations for the current situation, Her Majesty, The Prince of Wales, Prince William, and Miss Middleton resolved that the wedding of Prince William and Miss Middleton will be delayed till further notice.

Prince William, Miss Middleton, and their daughter Adelaide are currently living in Bodorgan Hall Cottage in Anglesey, and maintain a close relationship with Her Majesty.