_Eighteen (2008.7)

It's a fine day in July, Louise and Delly are playing bubbles in the backyard. 

Louise blew the tube and a series of small bubbles floated out of it and gently landed on the tender leaves on the green grass. Some of them burst and disappeared in a flash. Some landed on green leaves, and the soapy water on them kept spinning around the bubbles, like a spinning globe, dazzling people. The bubbles on the green leaves swayed gently with the breeze, like a beautiful fairy standing on the green plains showing off their graceful body.

The bubbles are very beautiful under the bright sunlight like butterflies flying up and down in the air. They sway and rise and then gather together, like a silver flower, which looks colorful under the sun.

Countless bubbles were flying all over the sky. We were all surrounded by bubbles all over the world. Delly reached out to grab a big bubble. But it shattered when it floated into her hand.

As the bubbles jumped and flew freely in the air. Some of them kissed the coffee table, some kissed the sofa, and some kissed the window. Another one kissed Delly's little nose. When Delly tried to touch it lightly with her fingers, it "snapped" and splashed all over her face.

13. Some of those small bubbles floated into the blue sky with the wind, some floated out of the window, and some fell in the flower bed. Sometimes small bubbles are connected with big bubbles to form super bubble groups, they are like a group of naughty children, squeezing around, swaying in the air, and floating lightly.

Delly took out a tube that blows bubbles like a trumpet, dip it in soapy water and blow it gently. And, with a "pop" sound, countless bubbles fly out of the tube in a string shape. The bubbles started to hug together, and then they float away. The big ones are as big as ping pong balls and the small ones are as small as pearls. Under the bright sunlight, these lovely bubbles rose to the sky with a twinkle, and each bubble was shining with colorful lights, reflecting the flowers and the trees and Delly and Louise's smiling faces in them. 

As the breeze blew gently, the bubbles danced with the wind, they danced like a butterfly in the blue sky and sang in the air like a string of beautiful notes. What beautiful little bubbles! 

Looking at these bubbles gave Delly an illusion, she felt like sitting in one of these bubbles, flying into the boundless universe, seeing the exquisite Milky Way.

Eventually, the pair of blondes got tired of chasing the bubbles and sat beside one another on a bench. 

Delly's Mumma brought two pink balloons for them to play with. Her Papa helped to tie them to the ends of the armrest on the bench. Delly patted the balloons, it flew some distance but was caught by the string that tied it and flew back towards Delly again.

Louise got bored of the business of watching balloons and went to blow some more bubbles. Delly didn't go with her. 

As she watched her best friend jump up and down running around and around trying to catch some bubbles, Delly felt so happy for her. Louise is like a bubble, flying as high and as far as she possibly can. But her, what about her, what about Delly? She's just like the pink balloon, she can fly, but not wherever she wants. The bubbles can fly past the palace walls while this balloon is forever chained to this place. 

Delly didn't understand what her life was to offer to her, she just sensed that she was different from the more normal children like Louise, and much more similar to the pink balloon she is playing with right now.

_

this chapter is so filler :) the next chapter wouldn't be,(I promise) it will be about Delly and William and Diana