Sixty-Four (2014.09/10/11/12)

November 21, 2014, marked Delly's eighth birthday, a celebration filled with laughter, cake, and the company of her dearest friends—Brian, Brandon, Bella, and Theo. The royal residence was adorned with festive decorations, and the air was tinged with the sweet aroma of birthday treats.

As the festivities unfolded, Delly reveled in the joy of being surrounded by friends who shared in her excitement. The room echoed with the sounds of laughter and playful banter, and Delly, the center of attention on her special day, couldn't have been happier.

As the festivities swirled around her, Delly's parents, William and Kate, beckoned her to a corner of the room. Their eyes twinkled with a secret, and there was an air of excitement that Delly couldn't quite place.

"Guess what, Delly?" her mother beamed, holding her hands in suspense.

Delly, her eyes wide with curiosity, responded, "What, Mommy? What's the surprise?"

With a shared glance that spoke volumes, her parents announced, "You're going to have another little brother or sister!"

The room seemed to hush for a moment, and Delly's eyes flickered with a mix of surprise and confusion. Another sibling? But she thought their family was just perfect—a boy and a girl, her and George.

"Why?" she blurted out, her innocence and confusion on full display. "We're already perfect, right? A boy and a girl, like you always said."

Her parents exchanged a knowing look, grappling with how to explain the complexities of royal expectations and the unpredictable nature of family planning to their eight-year-old daughter.

"Well, sweetheart," her father began, crouching down to her eye level, "sometimes families grow, and that's a wonderful thing. It doesn't change how much we love you and George."

Delly felt a knot forming in her stomach. She wanted to believe her parents, but the weight of expectation and tradition clashed with the simplicity of her desires. "But why another one? Are we not enough?"

Her mother hugged her gently, "Oh, Delly, you and George are more than enough. This new baby will just bring even more joy to our family."

The room echoed with laughter and the lively chatter of her friends, but Delly felt a heaviness settling in her chest. She put on a brave smile, nodding as her parents spoke, but the turmoil within remained.

Later, as the celebration continued, Delly found herself staring at the glittering candles on her cake, her mind a whirlwind of conflicting emotions. She mustered a smile, cutting the cake alongside her friends, but beneath the surface, a young princess grappled with the complexities of royal expectations and the simple yearning for the family she thought was already perfect.

Delly's heart carried another ache. It wasn't just the announcement itself, but the timing of it that stung. On her eighth birthday, a day meant for her, the surprise had turned into a blend of conflicting emotions.

As the cake was being cut and the room echoed with laughter, Delly couldn't help but feel a tinge of sadness. Why did they have to announce it on her special day? Couldn't it have waited until tomorrow? Or the day after? It seemed as if her parents were so excited about the new baby that they didn't consider how it might affect her.

Delly felt a sense of betrayal, not because she didn't want her parents to have another child, but because it disrupted the perfect balance she had cherished. The initial delight of her birthday began to wane, replaced by a subtle sorrow that lingered in the corners of her smile.

She wished they had noticed her discomfort, that they could understand the complexities of an eight-year-old's heart. She wished they knew that her reluctance wasn't about not wanting another sibling to love but about fearing that things would change, that the new baby would disrupt the harmony she had come to love.

So, with each slice of cake and every shared laughter, Delly danced between joy for her birthday and the ache of uncertainty for the future. In the midst of celebration, she was learning that growing up meant navigating a world where her desires sometimes clashed with the expectations and plans of those she loved most.

 In the midst of celebration, she was learning that growing up meant navigating a world where her desires sometimes clashed with the expectations and plans of those she loved most

Sandringham Christmas 2014^

Delly's Birthday 2014^

Christmas Card 2014^