chapter fourteen

miami, floridathursday, august 11th7:50 p

miami, florida
thursday, august 11th
7:50 p.m.

——y/n's pov——

It's been a week.

Seven days.

One hundred and sixty-eight hours.

10080 minutes since he's texted me.

I lay silently in my bed with the sheets sprawled all over the place. Pillows are on the floor. Clothes lie lifelessly in piles. Not to mention: I've been in the same clothes for the past two days.

This isn't me. Not one bit.

And all for what? Just because Eren hasn't messaged me. I should've known. He just looks like one of those douche bags who ghost you after thinking they get "too close" to you. Eren was just too good to be true.

With his muscles that come out of his shirt and his hot voice and his fancy cologne and his plain outfits that make him look so fucking hot that it makes your brain swirl.

Fuck! I mentally scream at myself. I specifically told myself no relationships during college and to put my work before anything else. I literally have an assignment that's due this weekend and I haven't touched it once.

Did I do something wrong? I don't think I did. Or maybe he's just ghosting me because he thinks he's better than me or some shit that guys think. I don't understand why my mind is so wrapped around him. He's the douche that decided to ignore me! I didn't do shit to him to deserve this.

I grab my phone scroll through my contacts, finding out last message to each other. Yup, last Thursday. No new messages from "e". Asshole.

My recent contacts are my parents, Mika, Sasha, and Jean. Oh, Jean. The cute guy from the band. I click on our messages and see the last text from when was an a few hours ago. It was me telling him good luck at his band practice. He responded with a, "I'm gonna need it. Lead singer is acting like he has a stick up his ass."

Hot guys are always assholes. Jean makes it seem like this lead singer is a rude prick, but I'm still thinking about Thursday still. I just so happened to glance at him and saw him looking back at me. I saw those hungry eyes like the last time I saw him. With the bright lights (and being in the front), I could finally tell that his eyes were a green color.

Jean is a nice guy and all, but I just don't think I'm in the place for a relationship. Plus, I already have my thoughts entwined with Eren. I still feel guilty for telling him no to that date he promised me.

I responded with a simple: "I'm not in the right place for a relationship right now."

He came back with a: "So can I keep trying to get you to come out with me?"

I didn't want to be even ruder than I seemed and told him yes. Who knows, maybe it would be fun to get out into the dating pool?

All this dating thought makes me think of Sasha and Mikasa.  I'm pretty sure they're together, but they haven't told me yet. I don't want to pry on them because it's disrespectful. What if they don't feel like they can tell me? I'd be supportive either way. Shit, it isn't even my life and I'm stressing out about it.