chapter twenty-four

miami, floridafriday, september 9th7:00 p

miami, florida
friday, september 9th
7:00 p.m.

——y/n's pov——

Double dates are bad enough.

Triple dates are terror. And that's exactly what I am about to go through.

I finish applying the final coat of my lipgloss as Eren drives swiftly to the port where we are meeting everyone. A song by The Paradis Devils comes on and I reach over the turn it up. Louder and louder. I lip sync their latest song and nod my head to the voice of the singer.

The voice is so familiar, yet riddling. I just can't seem to figure out what it is about this guy's voice. It's so deep and hoarse it kind of reminds me of how Eren talks when he is sleepy.

Eren's body grows tense because he it's up and his knuckles turn white against the steering wheel. I rub his shoulder and tell him to ease up. I massage what I can reach of his back. Maybe the song is too loud. I turn it down a bit but continue to hum.

Eren brought up the idea that his friend wanted to have a double date with us. He really didn't specify who is friend is but all I know is that he owns a boat and we're going sailing. I brought up how my friends were dating (Mika and Sasha) and how I want him to meet them.

But oh god, I flashback to when I told them this week. I sprung it on them like a surprise and yeah—they were surprised. They both came over to spend the night and after getting a little drunk, I spilled. I spilled my guts about everything. Sasha even took a damn video of me talking about it and reminds me about it all the time.

They wanted to meet him too. Mikasa badgered me 24/7 about my new love life and wouldn't shut up about it. So opportunity was perfect for everyone to meet each other.

I brush my hands along my jean shorts and stick my fingers through the holes of them. I'm nervous. Really nervous to meet his childhood friend. What if I don't make a good impression and things get awkward?

Eren shakes my leg and brushes his fingers against my inner thigh. He smiles and gestures for me to look up.

I slightly open my mouth. We're parked—and I did not even notice— in a vacant lot with only two other vehicles which I recognize vaguely. Mika's and someone else's that I can't seem to remember. In front of us is a outstretched dock that contains sections for each boat in the harbor.

Tonight is a full moon—and its light is glistening against the calm waters. No waves in sight. Eren runs out to open the door for me and takes my hand in his.

For once, his legs are exposed in public. With black shorts with a white jaw string. Eren's hair is pulled back and covered in a cap. His arms are tucked under his jacket.

I look at myself and think that I look like a tourist. Jean shorts, white crop top that covered by a floral button up and a baseball cap. We look very different.