chapter thirty-three

miami, floridatuesday, december 27th10:22 a

miami, florida
tuesday, december 27th
10:22 a.m.

——eren's pov——

"I can't believe we're gonna be living in a fucking RV for the next few weeks," Jean sighs and sets his bags down on the ground.

"That's one of the many prices you have to pay when being in a band," I mumble and glide past him to set my bags down in my room.

Connie groans and sets his bag down in the join room with Jean. "How am I supposed to jerk off with Jean right there?"

"Shit, I'll jerk off with you." Jean laughs and I roll my eyes. Armin puts his stuff on the bunk in our room.

Ah yes, tour. Being in a RV with this guys for weeks. Two bathrooms and a very cramped living space with one TV. I'll get over it. Our albums released on our website and it sold out in an hour. That's the only upside in my life right now.

Other than that, I'm miserable.

My life is an endless cycle. I haven't left the house. I haven't called my mom in ages. I flunked lit of school (finally). Every-time I walk into my bedroom I get reminded what happened in there, so I've been sleeping on the couch for what seems like forever.

I got the call a few weeks ago that she woke up. Not even words could describe how fucking relieved I was when I heard. But that meant I couldn't see her anyone. I only remember her scar becoming permanent on her fact. It looks badass.

I haven't seen Y/n in what feels like forever. Not a peep from her. She blocked me on everything and took all of over pictures down online. I doubt she still has all the photos she took on her phone of us. I still have them and I find myself swiping through them all at night. Each night gets worse because it's one more day I have not seen her.

I wonder if she's changed. Like really changed.

Personally, I haven't. The only thing different is that I can't look at a woman the same now. Every girl is Y/n. I really hope she's feeling the same as me because it would really crush me if she was kissing other guys.

Man, I really am pathetic. I'm harping on her while she doesn't want anything to do it's me. I mean, she flat out told me to fuck off. I guess that says a lot. My heart aches constantly and I have had zero motivation for anything.

I begin to unpack my things and let my head hang low the whole time. All Connie and Jean know is that I've been having "girl problems." No guys, I almost got my ex killed and she fucking hates me and I'm still in love with her.

When I am done, I get onto my bed and draw the curtain separating my bed from the room. I turn the lights off and turn to my side.

I grab my phone and go to pictures. Everything is her. I pull the blanket to my face and prepare for any tears. I'm usually not this sensitive, but what's the fucking deal?

First photo is is kissing while getting coffee. Next is her taking a photo of my while I'm asleep with shaving cream on my face. Her face alone is the next picture. She's holding ice-cream and there is some on her nose. And one of the last ones are us on our first date. These hurt the hardest because this was just months ago. We only dated for three months but oh my god it feels like a life time.

I don't believe in that bullshit where you wait a long ass time to get married. If you really love the person your with and you want to spend the life with them, jump the gun and do it. I felt such a connection to this girl and she brought so much meaning into my life.

Before her, everything was the same. The same cycle. Same routine. Same old bullshit and the only thing I lived for was the band.

I felt like I lived for everything when I was with her.

Armin draws the curtain and rolls his eyes. "Stop moping around."

He grabs my hand and drags me out from my little room.

I groan and put my phone down. "Let me have my moment."

Armin scowls. "She's a good person, but you can't just stay focused on her. You have a band and we're about to do so many concerts. You need to have your head in the game."

"What do you want to do? We have a few hours before we head for Tennessee." Armin sits on his bed and looks me in the eye.

"Can we get McDonald's? I want I McFlurry."

Armin finally smiles and nods. "We can get a McFlurry."

——————

11:00 a.m.

I run the spoonful of ice-cream through my mouth and finally feel at ease. These things are my weakness and the only cure for sadness.

"Feeling better?" Armin says after he takes a bite out of his sandwich.

I nod and wipe my mouth. I feel childish but I seriously love my best friend.

"Good. I need your advice on something Eren."

My ears perk up and I turn to face him. "Tell me."

"I want to propose to Annie."

I set my cup down and slightly gape at him. "Holy shit man, that's really—wow. I'm excited for you."

"Yeah but I don't know if I should wait until I get back home for good or have her fly out for a show and do it there."

"Definitely fly her out. I'm pretty sure girls like that kind of attention and recognition."

"You sure?"

I nod again. "One hundred percent."

A pang of jealously hits me. I wish I were him. Shit, I'd do anything to be the one proposing. But I don't admit that because the only reason we're getting food is because I was "moping" around because of Y/n.

But I can't help it. I love her and I think I will for a while. Armin is so lucky. He's been in a relationship for a good two years and they never fight. Never keep secrets.

I mentally groan. Armin puts the car in drive and goes back to the RV. I don't want to walk in on a jerk circle with Jean and Connie. I swear to god if they are I might lose my shit.

I cross my fingers and hope for zero jerk circles.

——————
this book is coming to an end 😢
-reece